Chapter 87 | Wedding Bells

Start from the beginning

She just wasn't ready...she didn't think she would ever be ready but getting married at the end of seventh year definitely sounded better than becoming a wife to her cousin at the tender age of fifteen. Euphemia hadn't even reached the age of consent yet! It was utterly terrifying and disgusting and Mia was absolutely bricking it.

Euphemia knew that there was no way out at all now - she had held a little bit of hope that things might change when Cassiopeia had admitted that she was really sorry about marrying Mia off to Orion but nothing had come of it and she was still going to be trapped in a marriage for the rest of her life. That fate was not one she was looking forward to and yet, she had no choice and there was no way out now...

And even if Euphemia did manage to escape, they would come after her, find her and then kill her and probably Charlus as well. Mia couldn't bear to even think about losing the love of her life and she knew that the wedding was a very small price to pay if Charlus managed to stay alive because she wouldn't ever be able to forgive herself if Charlus died because of her, because of her cowardice.

Euphemia trembled and fear poured in the form of a cold sweat from beneath her arms and across her back, her corset still squeezing her body with tears still clouding her eyes as she took a deep breath, looking into the mirror and attempting to wipe her eyes but there were black trails down her cheeks from her mascara and eyeliner that stuck to her skin, not escaping. Rather like her, really.

If only there was some way to escape...Mia found herself looking at the open window, that Tibet had insisted on opening before whilst saying 'I is wanting to make sure that Missus Euphemia is not being too warm.' Her back was turned and she didn't seem to notice the door opening but the sound of it closing did make her turn around, puzzled.

"I must be imagining things," Mia muttered to herself in bewilderment. She could've sworn the door had opened but, perhaps in her hysteria, Euphemia had simply heard a noise and instantly become paranoid, thinking that someone had walked in. Just as she took a rattling breath to ensure that she wasn't about to cry again, Mia heard someone clear their throat and she jumped a mile.

"I take offence to being referred to as a thing, as a matter of fact," a familiar voice said and Euphemia felt a mixture of dread and happiness rise in her as she span around slowly. Invisibility cloak off, and there was Fleamont Charlus Potter, looking at her with so much love and intensity that Mia became breathless, not just because of the extremely tight corset (which was still the only thing she was wearing...)

Euphemia's jaw dropped at the sight of her ex-boyfriend and she found herself lost for words before stammering out, "Flea, what are you doing here?" she asked, though she just longed to melt into his arms and stay there for all of eternity. It had been easier to kid herself that they hadn't been in love when Charlus wasn't here but, when he was stood in front of her, donning his muggle clothes with his hair styled accordingly - Mia felt nothing but love for him.

"I'm here for you," Charlus told her and he shoved the invisibility cloak into a small rucksack that he was carrying with him, "I've been an idiot...I'm sorry. I didn't realise how seriously fuc—" he was obviously about to swear but cut himself off, aware he was in the presence of a lady and a gentleman just didn't do that, "—messed up the Black family is. But I talked to my dad about this...this - complete rubbish - and we agreed it had to be stopped."

"Your dad knows?" Euphemia asked, that being the one question on the forefront of her mind at that moment, despite the urgent circumstance. Charlus nodded before walking forward to place his hands on her arms, "He made me realise that I was completely stupid to even think about letting you go. I love you, Mia, and I can't let you go through with it," Charlus ran his hands up and down her arms, sending pleasant shivers running over them.