Chapter 21 | The Dream

Thank you all so much for 3K reads, I love and appreciate you all so much xo

The expanses of Mia's dreams every night never ceased to amaze her but there was something different about this certain one she had one night, something unusual and unique that unnerved her.

It happened once and then continued to plague and confuse her. And it was always the same dream, it never changed:

Euphemia was always entirely surrounded by white at the start of the dream, from the minute she closed her eyes to sleep and it was almost blinding in the way that it covered every surface that was around her, her eyes burning constantly from the strong and incessant white backgrounds and layers that engulfed her like a large blanket.

She could never see where she was going and then a door would always appear out of nowhere and she would grab hold of the handle, twisting it until she was suddenly lurched forward and she was falling....falling...falling...

She landed in a maze, like every single night, green hedges winding up higher than the eye could see so that all the white that had surrounded her was now gone and replaced by the ever confusing tracks and trails of a maze that took her different ways all the time.

It was like as soon as she had reached a conclusion as to where she was going, she was thrown off track and pushed backwards, onto another trailing path.

It was like she was on a mission to find something that was lost, or discover something that she had not yet found out - something new that would be revealed to her in the future.

But she didn't know what - all she could see was the rising green walls of the maze that swallowed her up as if she were in a massive hole.

Every turn she took, every trail she tracked always brought her back to the same place as she had started - as if she was back to square one over and over again.

Non stop, that's what it was and Euphemia couldn't find her way out of the maze no matter how hard she tried.

There was something mysterious about the dream and Mia was always lurched all over the place, confusing and befuddling her to the point that she just wanted to give up and scream that she needed help, she needed to be helped out of this confusing dream that just kept showing her a maze.

A maze that she couldn't get out of until she discovered something. But what did she have to discover?

All Mia could think the first time she experienced it was that it was just as confusing as Charlus acting all weird around her and then it came to her....of course!

The Euphemia in the dream practically face palmed as she thundered along yet another path, trying to find her destination desperately because now she knew the purpose of her being placed in the maze.

She had to find Charlus Potter for some utterly weird reason and, even though the real life Mia would refuse to do so, she set off to discover where Fleamont Charlus Potter was.

The dream seemed to last forever, she just couldn't find where Charlus was hiding and she started to become annoyed as she turned every corner, ones that seemed to pop out of nowhere, and she plodded along every single track, her neck craning over hedges and through prickly bushes to try and find Charlus.

And then there he was, sat in the middle of a ring of high and jagged hedges, ones that stuck out and almost struck Euphemia in the stomach and waist with their spiky branches.

It didn't matter though because she had found what she was meant to find - she had discovered where Charlus was and she ran towards him, though she had no idea why and he scooped her up in his arms, hugging her close as she told him how hard it had been to discover his secrets and search for him, it was like he hadn't wanted to be found...