Chapter 17 | Will You Go Out With Me?

2K READS TYSM 💞

The best thing about being in Third Year at Hogwarts was that all students were granted permission to visit the local village of Hogsmeade at weekends so Euphemia was certainly looking forward to that as the first few weeks of September started flying by.

Hogsmeade was something the older students talked of a lot and to be actually included in that was going to be great, especially as the first visit to the village took place in just the second week of term, earlier than usual which meant that the hype for Hogsmeade was certainly in the air.

Everyone had already heard great things about Hogsmeade from either the older years or their family and that obviously meant that everyone was extremely excited to be going.

Mia had miraculously managed to get her form signed by her parents, who had turned their noses up at it at first, especially seeing as Euphemia had been rather distant and rude with them over the last year because of what they did to Marius, she sometimes couldn't stand the sight of Cassiopeia and Arcturus.

Quidditch season had also started and Mia knew that both Charlus and Minnie were practicing hard to bring victory home for Gryffindor house and Florean was working hard to just beat them.

All three of them had gotten onto their respective teams in second year, the year before, which probably won Charlus even more points as player boy number one because his excessive amount of fangirls were always there to squeal at his muscles and scream at his quidditch skills, only enlarging his ego even further really.

The first few weeks of Hogwarts were going well, Clover had been sorted into Ravenclaw and she now had her little pack of friends which meant she wasn't hanging around Mia anymore but the two were still great friends, the smaller girl had just moved on and made friends of her own which was actually amazing to Euphemia because Clover had settled in nicely at Hogwarts.

Talking of friends, Eileen was still Mia's ally in Slytherin house and actually was surprisingly loyal and covered for Euphemia whenever she was hanging out with the others (which was the majority of the time because Eileen got really boring after a while).

Eileen was still the needy and annoying kid she had been in first year but she had improved slightly because she just accepted the fact that Mia didn't want to hang around with her all the time.

One might've thought she would be bitter about the arrangement but she actually seemed okay with it all, despite her occasional snide comments about the blood status of Mia's chosen friends, to which Euphemia would simply roll her eyes and glare at Eileen until she cowered under Mia's gaze and apologised profusely.

Eileen Prince was also still the Potions prodigy and the go to girl for answers to the Potions homework, which Euphemia often needed help with due to her genuinely being confused in every single Potions lesson.

Charlus, on the other hand, was top of the class in Potions, though Eileen sometimes overtook him in marks and the two had a sort of competition going on, the pair both vying for the top place and top marks.

Unfortunately the fact that they both excelled at Potions meant that Slughorn loved them and invited both of them to his Slug Club meetings hosted every week, something that Charlus didn't particularly enjoy.

He often took Alastor or Florean with him by gradually his two best friends started rejecting his invitations because they were sick of listening to Slughorn talk about influential people and all the important, official Ministry wizards that he had managed to promote.

The one invite that practically every girl in the school wanted, unless they were too old for Charlus, was the one to the Slug Club with the dazzling Potter beauty.