Chapter 53 | A Very Pure Wedding

It was quite fascinating really to see just how jealous Charlus Potter actually became over the relationship blossoming between Mia Black and Aaron Simons.

For a guy that claimed he didn't care about her whatsoever and that he hated her with a passion, Charlus always managed to magically disappear whenever he and his friends came across Euphemia and Aaron in the corridor.

As for Mia, she was starting to regain some of her happiness again throughout the duration of her relationship with Aaron.

Over the past year, ever since she had fallen out with all of her friends, happiness had been in short supply for the girl and Aaron had managed to make her feel much more content.

Euphemia was pretty sure that her friends didn't want to reconnect with her whatsoever, if their actions over the remainder of fourth year had been anything to go by.

She still didn't know why they hated her, she still didn't know that they believed her to be the one who cursed Charlus because Mia didn't know that herself.

The thing was, what Euphemia kept telling herself, there was no point in moping around and waiting for life to suddenly become better, she didn't have to sit around complaining about the way her life had wound up. She had to do something to change that.

Mia had thought of all the time she had wasted being upset over it all and she had realised that time was too much of a precious thing to let go by.

If her friends weren't going to forgive her or at least give her a chance to explain herself then she had to keep on living, she couldn't just stop living her life because of them.

To be honest, Euphemia was only dating Aaron because she wanted to prove to her friends that she could be happy without them and that she could live her life despite them hating her for something that she didn't even do.

Aaron also made her much more happier than she had been in a while even though Mia knew it probably wouldn't last as Aaron, much like Charlus, had an infamous reputation of being a player and didn't tend to stay in relationships for very long.

Talking of Charlus, he wasn't taking it very well. He had gone back to his playboy ways long before Aaron and Euphemia had gotten together but his flings with girls seemed more enforced now and it was like he was trying to prove a point to certain people.

Charlus had also started consuming great amounts of alcohol, so much that even Florean was surprised and had to try and stop him from drinking himself into drunken stupors daily. Charlus seemed to be incredibly miserable and no one could work out what was wrong with him.

Minnie assumed it was jealousy over Mia and Aaron but, whenever she confronted Charlus about it, he always denied it and insisted that he still hated her for what she had done to both him and the group. So not even Minerva could find out what the issue was.

It was a Saturday morning when a rather hungover Charlus was walking down to breakfast, waiting for his hangover charm to kick in and get rid of his awful headache.

Charlus' friends had left without him because he had managed to sleep in again because he been up cavorting about with a girl and then had had a few secret drinks in the common room to drown his sorrows afterwards.

So, he was by himself and, as only luck would have it, he bumped into Euphemia who was trying to sneak out of an alcove, patting down her hair as she was fresh from a make-out session with Aaron, who was also hidden behind the alcove curtain and was waiting for the coast to be clear. Which it quite obviously wasn't.

Mia cleared her throat awkwardly when she saw Charlus and she was about to hide in the alcove again to avoid any arguments from emerging when Charlus spoke.