⊱⊰ 50: Fire and Earth ⊱⊰

Start from the beginning

As silence fell for a few seconds. Arisa summoned a fireball that danced on her armored hand.

"If you don't show up," she said, gazing around. "I'll keep burning your lair, no matter how many times you stop my flames."

A soft chuckle filled the atmosphere for a second.

"For a Guardian with a pure heart," said a voice behind her, "you sure have violent ways to call my attention."

Arisa turned around. A smile spread across her face as she recognized the boy standing several steps away from her.

"I had no other way," said Arisa, slowly walking towards the boy. "You're the one making things difficult."

The boy smiled. "It's for the greater good."

"We're here for that reason," said Arisa. "Now that my friend is taking care of the person with bad intentions, I'm free to seal you. Right?"

For a short moment, the boy didn't reply, keeping his eyes shut. Arisa kept on approaching him, preparing herself to summon the crimson flame.

"There's still another person that needs to be taken care of," said the boy.

Arisa stopped, sighing. "I don't understand. Right now it's me and you. Why won't you let me seal you?"

"Because if I'm sealed," said the boy, its tone calm, "there's a chance I'll get stolen. Once I'm a gem that can be held by anyone, those people with bad intentions will abuse the powers I'll give them. It's better to stay this way until those people are taken care of."

Crimson streams danced around Arisa's left hand as she kept approaching the boy slowly.

"But you'll be part of Eklipta," she said, touching her glowing necklace with her right hand. "I won't let anyone come close to it. It's our only key to finally bring peace to the worlds."

Silence fell for a moment as the boy stood still, all thoughtful. Arisa took this opportunity to dash forward and released her crimson flame. A wall of rocks popped in front of her, making her stop.

"You'll have to catch me if you want to seal me," said the boy behind the wall.

A few seconds later, the wall crumbled into small pieces of stones, revealing no one standing behind it.

"Not again," said Arisa.

"I'm here," said a distant voice by her side.

Arisa looked at her left side. Several steps away from her, she saw the boy, standing by one of the giant trees filling the area. She didn't hesitate and ran towards it. Before she could pass the last few trees, she fell as an earthquake hit the ground. She rolled sideways, noticing that branches of trees were targeting her.

As she slowly stood up, dodging more branches, Arisa summoned her sword. Before she could start cutting the threat, one branch curled around her waist. She quickly chopped the branches aiming to pierce her.

"Ah," Arisa gazed around, noticing that the branch wrapped around her was lifting her up. "No. Put me down."

As the branch lifted her higher and higher, Arisa turned around and aimed her blade at it. It took her several seconds to fully chop the branch. She grunted as she hit on the ground. She didn't have time to complain about the pain as more branches threatened her. She cut several of them, slowly regaining her pose.

Spending almost a minute chopping the endless branches that aimed at her and blocked her way, Arisa summoned several fireballs and dropped them toward her target. As the branches burned, they stopped moving, clearing her path.