Chapter 14: Isaac

Start from the beginning

''That was rude.'' I say bluntly and his eyes drift on me.

This is the second time we make eye contact tonight and I remember why I felt so vulnerable inside the car.

His gaze is dark, almost dangerous. I take the time to watch at his features closely.

Although he has a nice posture, he is not really tall, neither built up. The paleness of his skin takes me by surprise, especially combined with the ash blonde of his hair.

He reminds me of that gang leader I met inside the garage, weeks ago. Jackson's friend.

I keep looking at him curious. His lips are thin and they look particularly soft.

Wait did I just think about the softness of his lips?

''Like what you see?''

His hoarse voice makes me blush and I instantly look away.

''As if.'' I scoff.

''I think you do.'' He says, taking a step closer, touching my chin.

''I-I...'' My words get swallowed, while I stutter.

''Everything alright?'' Bob's voice interrupts us and I couldn't be more happy, for my guardian angel's appearance.

''Yeah'' I say walking to him.

He gives me a cup with beer but pulls back before I take it.

''You only allowed to take drinks from me. If you want something else, ask me or Theo. Ok?''

''Yes dad.'' I say rolling my eyes.

I can see Isaac gulping his drink in one go and throw the empty cup away.

''Ok now that you are here, my baby sitting is over.''

And just like that he leaves us behind, not even glancing back.

''Don't mind him. He is a little jerk. But a good guy.'' Theo says with a smile and I chuckle.

''I can tell.''

Bob takes my hand and shouts ''What are we waiting for? Let's get this party started!''

*

I feel my head light. My legs move following the sound of the music, but it feels more like I'm dancing on clouds.

I finish the 7th cup of beer, drinking it in one go.

''Wow...take it easy. I don't want you wasted on the floor.'' Bob says and I laugh.

''Shit. You are wasted.''

''I-I'm not!'' I shout pouting.

The truth is I haven't drink in a while, which means I was out from the 3th glass.

''I'll bring some water.'' He turns around but I clutch to him.

''Noooooo stay hereeeee'' I whine tugging his sleeve.

''Ok, ok. But no more drinking for you.''

I nod and start dancing again.

Half an hour later and we're still on the same spot. People surround us, some of them Bob's friends, other strangers. I see familiar faces, but I'm too out of place to remember their names.

Letting the music fill my drums I keep moving, forgetting everything and everyone.

I don't have to pretend the good daughter, the good friend, student...I'm free from judgment. I'm just me.