Karen chuckled.

Rhea had created a scene at a local restaurant yesterday and somehow got into a heated argument with an employee there. Word said she really did insult the guy. And now, everyone thought the Chesterfields hated the poor.

"I'm pretty sure Damien would figure everything out." Karen smiled.

My phone gave a light vibration, notifying me that I just got a text.

"Excuse me." I said to Karen as I picked up my phone to read the text.

From Elroy.

❤️El❤️:
I'm outside.
Just now.

I knew his texting technique would never improve, but still it always made my heart race.

He had me.

"I'm guessing that's Roy, considering the look on your face." Karen said.

"What look?" I asked, preparing to stand.

"The dreamy look?" Karen grinned.

I chuckled. "Whatever. same time tomorrow?"

"Same time."

I stood up and so did she.

After a brief hug and goodbyes, I made my way outside to the car.

When I got in, I placed my coffee cup in the cup holder, placing my seat belt on, before turning to find him staring at me. "That was fast." He said, starting up the engine.

"Yeah, we have to shop, remember? The memorial's tomorrow and I have somethings to look over before the program and I have to cross-check the guest list again, I also have to check in with the decorators since my Mom didn't bother to-"

He leaned in, cutting me off from my rant session with his lips.

My stomach flipped as my heart went super crazy.

"You talk too much." He said after breaking the kiss.

I smiled. "Forgive me for trying to make tomorrow perfect."

"I took care of everything. Trust me, tomorrow would be beyond perfect." He assured me.

"Oh? So, where are we going?"

He relaxed back on his seat. "Where do you want to go?" He moved the car.

"I don't know? Anywhere you are."

He grinned. "I know just the perfect place."

I raised a brow at him. "Don't you dare take me to Sparks."

"Why? I'm at Sparks... You see my pictures anywhere you look, my ideas and designs are on every hanger. I am Sparks." He said.

I glared at him. "You annoy me sometimes, you know that?"

"I live for that baby." He smiled.

"Just drive, will you?"

"I am driving." He said.

"I know you're driving."

"So why are you asking me to drive, when I'm driving."

I gave him a look of indifference. "How the hell am I supposed to answer that? I just said it for saying sake... I knew you were driving and I said it because- well, you were driving and talking and I said 'just drive' because I wanted you to stop talking."

I could see he was holding his laughter in and I also wanted to laugh too but, I wanted to keep my strong facade.

"You didn't have to explain, you know... I was only teasing you."

"I knew you were teasing me." I said with a know it all look and tone.

"So why did you go all the way to explain it?"

"You know what? Just shut up." I said, turning my gaze to the other side.

He laughed. "My God, it's really easy to get you all riled up, isn't it?"

I tried to hide my smile, but I couldn't.

"Don't worry, I have something special planned out for the both of us."

I allowed my smile to show it's face. "Really?"

"Yup." He popped the 'p' his smile not leaving his face.

_

We pulled up in front of the same house we had been in, before the merge program. It was already dark outside and the neighborhood street lights made the surroundings stand out.

"Okay? I love where this is going." I smiled, getting out of the car.

I was actually wondering what the special thing was, since I'd been here before and I'd seen what is there to see.

Yeah, but that wasn't my thoughts when I stepped into the sitting room. It was dark, highlighted with candle lights and beautiful red roses. The table was set beautifully with rose patterns and the ground was also covered in roses.

Damn it, it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen.

I had goosebumps. Yes, my mind was so taken to comprehend the beauty in front of me.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He asked.

I smiled widely at him. "I'm awed. This is really beautiful. When did you have the time?"

"Time?" He came to stand in front of me. "When it comes to you Fay, I'd give up everything. No matter how important that thing is. You're what I put first above everything and everyone I care about. Never ever forget that."

My eyes welled up. "I won't."

He connected our lips together, kissing my senses into oblivion. My heart gave a hard thump and my body grew aware of his breathtaking kisses. He held my waist, pulling me closer to his body.

My heart was so taken. My body was on fire and I wanted more of him. More and more and more.

I broke the kiss, feeling a bit dazed. "I love you El. I love you so much."

"I love you too, Fay. You have no idea how you make me feel. You saved me from myself without even doing anything. You didn't have to say anything. Your presence alone saved me. And I love you for that. I love you for that and so many other things I can't even explain. Promise you wouldn't ever leave."

"Where else would I wanna be?"

He smiled. "There's Jayden Collins."

I chuckled. "He doesn't even come close."

"I'm glad. But I'm being dead serious Fay... Promise."

"I promise. I swear it."

He placed a lingering kiss on my lips. "I love you."

"And I love you too."

I said it, and I meant it. I loved him with everything in me. And I knew he loved me too.

It is funny though. All this started because of the disaster brunch. If Damien hadn't organized this brunch, Elroy wouldn't have seen the need to pretend, and I wouldn't have seen the need to even think of him as something other than a bully.

I didn't just have to put up fake smiles to my boyfriend's grandmother now, he didn't have to pretend to be so smitten by me anymore. And why is that? It was because there was no need to pretend to do something you can't help but do.

The brunch didn't turn out to be a disaster after all. It just helped in putting a shape into our relationship.

And it was not just any shape, but a very very perfect one.