48

FAY

  I found him in the design room with few other people who I recognized as his expert designing team. They were working on a blue strapless dress.

Elroy had a measuring tape around his neck as he listened to one of his experts.

He was working. The best thing to do now was to just leave him be, but I couldn't. I needed the full story. Why on Earth would he get into a fight with Lucas.

He should have been apologizing, not fighting.

"Elroy?" I called. His shoulders tensed up a little. All the eyes in the room turned to me. And all activities stopped.

Then slowly, he turned to me.

I gasped when I saw the bruises on his face, they were already giving a purplish hue.

He looked annoyed, but all the same, excused himself as he made his way towards me with long strides, he held my forearm, pulling me away from the designing room, straight to the direction of his office.

He pulled me into his office in a rough manner, then he slammed the door turning to me. "What don't you understand about not interfering whenever I'm busy?" He asked, glaring at me.

All I did was stare, he had a cut on his cheek bone and around the cut was a painful looking bruise, there was also a bruise on his jaw and he had a red nose.

There was also a finger print bruise on his neck, almost as if someone had tried to strangle him.

Lucas- Lucas would never- why would he do this?

My vision became blurry with tears. Elroy looked like he had taken a lot of beating.

What the hell happened?

My legs moved on their own accord as I rushed to him, pulling him in for a hug.

He winced immediately my body collided with his.

Pulling away quickly and cautiously, I took a step back.

"I'm so- I'm sorry." I stuttered, feeling my tears roll down my cheeks.

Why the hell was I crying?

"Lucas- Lucas did this to you?" I asked, my voice coming out small.

He rolled his eyes in anger. "You're just hearing about it now? It's old news Fay."

"Old- old news?" I raised my hand to touch his face but he flinched away.

"I'm not in the mood. What do you want?"

My breath came out shaky as I tried so hard to keep my tears from falling. It hurt me. Seeing him like this, hurts me.

He waited patiently for my reply.

"Well- well I just wanted to-"

"Wait- let me guess," He cut me off. "...you came to ask me why I beat up Lucas right? You came to yell at me and blame me for all the damn problems in his life, right?"