Chapter 49: Unbreakable

A/N: In case you're wondering what Agnarr and Iduna's ages are.

Iduna - 45

Agnarr - 46

I don't really know what their ages are in canon, but from their facial features (which are wrinkle-less) I can tell they are in their forties or so.
______________________________________

"Snowflake?"

What happened?

"Mh?"

Elsa's eyes fluttered open, her vision sharpening to find her husband waving his hand in front of her face. Aiden gave her a gentle embrace and pressed a lingering kiss to her soft red lips, greeting her cheerfully, "Good morning, my queen. Had a nice sleep?" He flashed her a grin.

Elsa smiled groggily, her eyes squinting a bit. She stretched her arms and wrapped them around her husband, burying her head on his neck sleepily. Aiden chuckles, turning around as he lifted his wife, saying to someone, "She's a deep sleeper nowadays. Trade agreements are cruel."

Two, faint laughs echoed to Elsa's ears. Her blue eyes widened, signs of sleep fading away and her sight drifted to Iduna's sitting figure and Agnarr's bright smile.

Shivers ran down her spine, and she knew Aiden felt it. Aiden rubbed circles on her back, "Don't faint, sweet. I assure you, they're real. And they have an explanation too. Please?"

Elsa's reply was a hop off from the bed, her body being racked with sobs and arms open for both her parents to take. Iduna smiled tearfully and fully embraced her daughter, hugging her tightly. She whispered sweet nothings to the platinum blonde's ears, soothing her as Elsa trembled weakly with fresh tears of joy running down her pale cheeks.

Agnarr engulfed them both with his arms, letting a few, manly tears pass by. He hugged both his wife and child, a joyful expression swarming his face. His heart swelled for the two women tucked in his embrace, letting the moment last longer.

Aiden smiled down at the momentous reunion happily, leaning against the wall with folded arms. Iduna caught her son-in-law's stare and quickly opened her other arm for him to take. The fire king shyly joined the group hug.

The blurry memories of knocks that could bring so much pain, doors shutting out someone who gives out hopeless pleas daily, a blast of ice shooting across and landing on a five year old's head began to swiftly fade; being replaced by happy, boisterous barks of laughter around the hallways, a certain reindeer taking an ice queen and her sister a ride in the throne room, and soft, affectionate kisses shared by two lovers, a fire king and a snow queen, their conjoined shadows painted on the brown walls of the queen's office.

Elsa could possibly be the happiest woman in the entire universe.

Because her family and her husband are her world.
____________________________________
After Elsa and Aiden's Eventful Honeymoon..

Things had escalated in a speedy pace over the past few days. After Aiden and Elsa's completed and relaxing honeymoon, the king and queen had returned to the kingdom of Arendelle with two cloaked strangers in their carriage. Anna had raised a confused brow after welcoming her sister and brother in Kristoff back to their rightful place in the courtyard, while Kristoff looked at the cloaked couple oddly.

Both Iduna and Agnarr shrugged their hoods down, revealing their identity to the entire castle staff, and especially to Anna and her mountain man of a husband. Olaf had waddled in with a certain, newly bathed reindeer, almost giving Iduna and Agnarr heart attacks at the time.

Kristoff restrained his sob racked wife from fainting, but he released her gladly right after Anna strongly pushed down his arms, dashed to both her parents, and embraced them with glowing joy; kissing her father's cheek with disbelieving tears and nuzzling her mother's neck to assure herself this is entirely reality and not just another one of her daydreams during council meetings she had gotten used to while she took over for her sister and brother in law.

Kai and Gerda almost collapsed on the floor themselves, along with Lieutenant Matthias' audible gasp in the background.

Elsa had assembled the rest of the castle staff, invited them to sit around the two newly returned former monarchs. Iduna and Agnarr repeated their explanation to all of them gladly, as Anna snuck under her mother's arms and tucked herself in her embrace, Elsa on the other.

And of course, gossip spreads fast.

Word had gotten out from the castle grounds, and it pressured both Matthias, Lars, and the rest of the Royal Guard in the process. Many villagers, citizens, nearby residents demanded to see proof, one of them enraged that someone had dared to disrespect two peaceful resting souls by causing blurred rumors. Iduna and Agnarr made a rushed decision right before the citizens break down the temporarily closed gates, revealing themselves wholly.

You can already guess how they reacted, and how they asked for a well deserved explanation.

And soon enough, both Iduna and Agnarr placed the final piece to the incomplete puzzle called family, that consisted an ice queen, a fire king, a bubbly princess, a former mountain man, a speech supported reindeer, and a happy, flurried snowman. Thrilling events had paused for a rest;

But we all know they will return for their last card.
____________________________________

"Penny for your thoughts, snowflake?"

Elsa's eyes tore themselves away from the gorgeous sight revealed by the balcony, then focused on the King Of Arendelle's emerald green orbs. Winter had dropped its first snowfall yesterday, and today is no different. It's practically a perfect snow day, another reason why Elsa can't lessen the wide smile she is wearing today.

But her other reason is standing in front of her, his arms wrapped around her waist, while on instinct, her hands are rested on top of his chest. She flashed him a hearty grin, "It's a snow day, lover."

Aiden smiled, "Indeed it is. I'd come here after you to enjoy the snowflakes myself. But I wanted to enjoy this one snowflake that emerses a special feeling in my heart."

Elsa smiled, taking off her thin white faux fur shawl, slowly sliding it off her shoulders to reveal her smooth, uncovered, flawless pale skin that left Aiden speechless. She wrapped it around her husband's neck instead, yet still didn't withdraw her grip on the two ends. She pulled them with great force, causing the weakened king to move his face inches closer to hers.

"Who would have thought," Elsa smirked, "That a prince can melt the ice queen herself."

Aiden grinned, "Well, I had my luck."

Elsa pressed her lips against his, sighing contentedly, "What a lucky idiot you are."

"I'm your idiot, by all means." Aiden winked.

Elsa laughs, brushing their noses together, "Have I ever told you how much I love you today?" She whispered softly.

Aiden chuckles, "You have."

A/N: HOHOHO! CHRISTMAS CHAP IS COMING! WHO'S EXCITED?! Lol. 😂