Chapter 6

Author's Note: So...Um...I realized that I didn't really think this story through, therefore causing a lack of updates...ANWAYS...

READ ON.

*  *  *  *  *

I inspected my ankle, admiring how quickly it healed. I went on to stare at my arms, where I glared at the scars that remained, only wishing I could make them disappear.

"Damn...If you stare any harder, you'll make your arm fall off."

My head snapped up, sending dark hair flying around me, as I took in the sight of Colton.

Now, it wouldn't have been such a terrible thing if he wasn't smirking at me.

From my doorway.

"What are you doing here?" I asked quietly, discreetly tugging my sleeves over my arms. At least, I thought I was being discreet until I noticed the way his eyes followed my every movement.

The way the corner of his lips twitched as he noticed me surveying him.

And I had to be blind not to realize that this specific boy was undeniably hot.

"I was just dropping by," he said. "...Making sure you didn't fall asleep by the lake again or...I don't know...drown?"

I sent him a fierce glare, one that even my cold-hearted mother would envy as I stood up and crossed my arms over my chest. "Get out."

Colton shook his head. "No thanks. I'm perfectly comfortable here. Besides, no girl can resist my charm."

"Maybe not a sane girl..." I muttered, offering an overly sweet smile in return for his eye roll. "But I happen to be one of the smarter of the female population, and I know when I'm being played. So please get out of my cabin before I tear you apart limb by limb."

My sickly sweet grin was nothing compared to that slow smile that spread over his lips. "Somebody's got a lot of anger bottled up. I wonder why..."

I'm sure if he were any other boy, I would have politely asked him to leave once more. But since this was the Colton Andrews, as some would call him, I tilted my head to the side innocently and picked up one of Gina's large books without him noticing.

Colton groaned, making me stop my movements. "Stop looking at me like that."

"Like what?"

"That!" he exclaimed, gesturing to my face. "You give me those big bambi eyes! How the fuck am I supposed to act around that?!"

I raised one eyebrow, trying to decide if he was serious. "I don't know, Colton. Maybe you could do as I asked?"

He waved the suggestion away as if it didn't mean a thing. "You think it's that easy? Okay. Try looking at someone with bambi eyes and see if you can just say no."

I shrugged, uncaring. "I'd rather not. If it's as hard as you, Mr. Player, says it is, then I probably can't do it."

"Exactly," he said, matter of factly. "Give me some credit, your highness."

"What?" My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I stared him down.

"Oh," he faked an apologetic smile. "Isn't that what you call royalty? I mean, being the Queen of Ice, I figured you would want some special treatment."

By this time, my scowl was in full swing. "Very original," I mumbled sarcastically. "But remember, the so-called Queen can have your head cut off by the drop of a hat."

Colton grinned a lopsided grin and turned around. "It doesn't matter anyways, babe. When I'm around you, I can't think straight anyways."

With that, he walked away from me, leaving the door wide open.

And all I could think was: What the hell just happened?

* : * : * : * : *

"What the hell?" Maya yelled in my face after I explained what happened.

"My thoughts exactly..."

"You're so lucky!" she whined.

At this, my eyes widened. "What are you talking about?"

"Well," she started. "You talk to him more than any other girl, and if he's flirting with you because he likes you, then you can have that fine piece of ass to yourself!"

My jaw went slack as I watched my friend sigh and throw herself back on the bed. "Um...Are you okay?"

She nodded. "Yeah, why?"

"Because you called Colton a fine piece of ass, and practically told me to go for it!" I ended by throwing a pillow into her face.

"Hey, you gotta admit. The boy's a hunk." She giggled from beside me and pulled a pen and paper from the small desk to her right.

As she scribbled words onto the paper, she spoke to me. "Here's a list of things you need to do to get him to want you."

I snatched the list from her and my eyes skimmed over the words.

HOW TO GET COLTON ANDREWS:

1. Dress sexy.

2. Act sexy.

3. Keep him interested.

4. Stop pushing him away.

I glared at her. "Why would I do any of this?"

She shrugged. "You've got one through three covered anyways. All you have to do is let him in."

"Maybe I don't want him," I argued.

"Maybe you do, but just don't know it yet," Maya countered.

"I don't like Colton Andrews."

"Yes you do."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No, I don't!"

"YES, YOU FUCKING DO!"

Right as she said that, the doors opened and revealed a startled Gina with Maddie holding onto her hand. "Riiight...I think we should go..."

They were about to turn and leave, but I shouted after them. "Don't leave me with her!"

Maddie grinned back at me. "No bad words, sissy!"

Damn, the girl's too much like me...

*   *   *   *   *

Alright. Should I just keep writing this, even though I had no idea I would even get any readers? Or should I just give it up?

Forever and Always,
Me