Ch. 16 Date crashing

Mokuba's P.O.V

I couldn't believe my eyes. Now, I know that girl isn't Seto's friend from the orphanage.

She died three years ago. I have searched the date and the year she died, and it revealed that she had died in a car accident with her parents. My eyes widened in shock, knowing that my brother is going on a date with a person whom she stole her identity.

I have decided to tell Seto about her and I passed by "Farah's" room. The door was slightly opened, so I decided to take a sneak peak.

"I can't believe that for the first time in 18 years, my plan has come to a success!" "Farah" shouted. She was brushing her hair and began to laugh evilly. She then turned around and looked at the mirror. Her reflection showed her an image of a ghostly white woman with black hair and eerie dark brown eyes.

My suspicions were true and so were (y/n)'s. That person was disguised as "Farah"  and she had somehow managed to hypnotize Seto.

I shuddered at her creepy appearance. Suddenly, she turned around and I ran away quickly. I ran into my room, and closed the door. I slid down, gasping for breath. That creepy woman is going on a date with the hypnotized Seto!

"I have to tell (y/n)!" I said to myself. I couldn't tell Seto, he was probably under her spell. I ran to (y/n)'s room, only to find that she isn't in there. I ran out of her room and straight towards the door. I had a feeling of her whereabouts...

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I was at the Domino City Pier, where Seto and I had our first meeting. It was a bittersweet memory. I let a tear fall into the water as I thought of my last three days here spent with the Kaiba brothers.

Not only did I strengthened my bond with Seto and Mokuba, but I have realized where I truly belong. I was always different, never had true friends under the sea. But, on land I have made a few friends besides Seto and Mokuba. Joey, Téa, Duke, Yugi, Yami, Tristan have accepted me despite me being a mermaid.

Speaking of them, I heard Joey's voice, "Hey (y/n)!" I waved at them, slightly sad. Téa noticed my sad body language and came up to me. "Hey, what's wrong (y/n)? I know that it's your last day on land, but why are you so down in the dumps?" She asked.

"Seto's dating a girl from the orphanage." I said sadly, trying to avoid the tears leak from my (e/c) orbs. They gasped in shock as Joey turned to me.

"Why didn't ya confess his feelings ta him?! Sure, he may be cold and heartless, but not dis cold." He said, earning a punch in the shoulder from Tristan. "I tried, but maybe it wasn't meant to be. If Seto is happy with her, then I am happy for him." I said, sobbing.

At that moment, Taio surfaced. He frowned at my sight. He gently nuzzled my hand and I smiled sadly and stroked his head. At least I got to see how humans live.

"(Y/n)!" I heard a voice that I have known too well. I turned around and saw Mokuba running towards me. He came to a stop, panting softly.

"Mokuba, what are you doing here?" asked Yami, deeply concerned for him. Even though, they're rivals, Seto has a deep respect towards him, especially since he had saved Mokuba's life multiple times.

"(Y/n), "Farah"...... is not real." He said, panting.

"What do you mean she's not 'real'?" I asked confusedly.

"I've been doing some research on the Internet. I found out that she had died three years ago in a car crash with her parents. I passed by her room, where she was getting ready. She looked in the mirror, and her reflection showed a woman with white skin and silver eyes. She had black hair and she was really creepy!" He explained. My eyes widened with shock.