Ch. 4 Getting to know each other

Seto Kaiba's P.O.V

I was at home, getting ready to meet up with (y/n). I got dressed in my usual black turtleneck with belts around my arms, black pants with belts around my shins, black boots and my white sleeveless trench coat.

And, of course, my Duel Monsters card- shaped locket with Mokuba's picture. I opened it with a smile, looking at the picture. Mokuba is the only person whom I could show my soft side. Ever since Gozaburo adopted us, I have shut down that side I had when I was a kid.

Never have I ever shown this side to anyone, except Mokuba. I closed my locket and resumed my task of getting ready. I was wondering how she would look like without her mermaid costume....

"Oh god, I'm thinking about her!" I mentally scolded myself for that. But, I couldn't help but think about how her eyes shone with fear, my heart started to break at that sight.

"I have to apologize." I mentally told myself. I looked at the clock on the wall, it was 7 p.m. I have two hours before the meet up. I had to check on Mokuba. As if on cue, he came in.

"Hey, bro. Where are you going?" He asked curiously.

"I am meeting up with a girl that saved my life." I replied.

"From the storm?" Mokuba exclaimed, then gasped in realization, "she must be a mermaid, Seto! No human can do that!"

I rolled my eyes at his statement. "Either that, or my personal favorite, she has an incredible stamina of a swimmer in a mermaid costume." I stated.

"If you say so. After all, you are a realistic man who doesn't believe in fantasies."Mokuba said.

I just smiled. I looked at the clock; 8:25 p.m. I have to go. I turned to Mokuba who was smirking. "What?" I asked, feeling amused.

"It's just...kind of wierd when you go out. Usually you are stuck up in your office or in Kaiba Corp. I hope you have a good time on your date." He said.

"Mokuba, it's not a date. This is just a meet up and I want to repay her for saving my life." I retorted. Mokuba just smirked. I ruffled his hair a little bit and got out of the house, saying that I would be home soon.

I got into my Jaguar and started to drive towards the pier. Hope she isn't late by then...

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I have reached the surface and swam to the pier. I looked up and saw him, dressed in a fine coat. He turned around, the moon shining his well-structured body and masculine face, his blue eyes shined bright like the most beautiful sapphire.

I climbed up the pier and started calling him, "Hey! Kaiba!", I yelled, catching his attention. He turned to me and walked up to me.

"I think that you should stop this charade." He said, with an icy tone.

"Why? What did I do?" I asked confusedly.

"I know that you are an actress, with an incredible stamina of a swimmer with a mermaid costume." He said, as if it was completely obvious.

"But, I-I'm a real mermaid! I can prove it to you!" I stammered, angry that he doesn't believe me.

I lifted my tail up. I gestured it with my hand and asked him to touch it.

Kaiba looked at me as if I had grown two heads. "Are you really sure about that?"

"Yes. I am."

He knelt down and hesitantly reached forward. He touched my tail with the tip of his fingertips, then he placed his whole palm gently. His eyes widened, knowing that I was telling the truth.