44

Arkyn managed to rent the apartment and had some dresses and suits delivered to them.
"Why do we have to dress up?"
"Because from what I understand, Ms LaRue is one of the more prominent figures of New Orleans. Which means we have to adapt to our company. If we want her to actually take us seriously, we need to look the part."
"I guess I'm not complaining if I get to see you in a suit." Bonnie grinned. He just laughed, shaking his head.
"While I'd love to take our time and flirt, there is currently a group of witches who would like to see my sister dead." He said. "Pick this up later?"
"Count on it." She said, giving him a peck. She walked over to the rack of dresses. "Please tell me you didn't buy the whole store."
"Not the whole store."
"When did you even get these sent over?"
"Actually, you can thank Rebekah for those. She ordered a selection and had them sent here."
"Should I check for itching powder inside?"
"No, she knows that her life kind of depends on our success."
"That makes sense."
"She'll warm up to you."
"Pretty sure she'll hate me for eternity for breaking your heart. Though she hated me before that."
"Rebekah just... well you've met her. She's Rebekah." Arkyn gave up on finding words to describe his sister. He picked a suit out for himself. "She doesn't approve of anyone."

Arkyn and Bonnie sat before Josephine LaRue. She was older than Bonnie expected.
"So you bring me a Bennett witch in hopes that I'd drop everything to help you? You certainly live up to the Mikaelson name." She raised a brow at Arkyn.
"Ms LaRue, you misunderstand-"
"It's best not to insult those more powerful than you, which is the only reason I allowed you into my home. Now, if you will excuse me, I have many things to do." She tried to dismiss him.
"Surely you can spare a few moments to at least hear me out?"
"And why should I hear you out? Since your family has returned to this city, our Elders have been murdered. Promising young witches have been inhabited against their will." Bonnie looked at him in surprise. "Ah, you didn't know?"
"With all due respect, I am doing my best to put an end to my brother's less than desirable behaviours."
"Less than desirable? Is that what you'd call it?"
"He has a long way to go. But I do believe my brother wants to live in peace."
"I believe that as much as I believe that I can play my violin again someday." She looked down at her disfigured hands. They were swollen as though something had been slammed against it and it had been left to heal wrong. Arkyn noticed an abandoned violin in the corner of the house. "Because, Mr Mikaelson, beneath your formal attire, and your powerful connections, you are all the same. Liars. Monsters wearing the skins of humans. Good day to you both."
"Arkyn is not his family!" Bonnie said, standing up.
"I see no evidence supporting that."
"Yeah? Well I'll give you evidence."
"Bonnie-"
"No." She cut him off. "Ark has never once done anything that wasn't right. It's unfair of you to judge him for his family's actions. He's always been someone I can trust. Someone who has looked out for me, even if it meant going against his family. He always stands up for what's right. I'm not someone who trusts vampires easily, but you can trust him. He is nothing like his family."
"That's very passionate for a Bennett."
"It's the truth. You can't judge Arkyn when you don't know him. He'd never stand for murder or kidnapping. That's not who he is. And you writing him off just because he's a vampire isn't okay. We're witches, but we can't just write off a vampire as evil simply because he's a vampire."
"Your candor is refreshing. I find that vampires are calculating and usually out for their own interests." She looked at Arkyn. "No offense."
"None taken." He smiled at Bonnie.
"I suppose I should hear you out." Bonnie sat back down.
"Thank you." Arkyn said, gratefully. "It's about a witch who escaped from Fauline cottage."
"You'll have to be more specific than that. A lot of witches escaped." Josephine looked towards the doorway, nodding at her butler. He left the room.
"Ah, well. I'm afraid I don't know her name exactly. I understand that you're in charge of the asylum?"
"Yes."
"She was attacked this morning by your witches."
"We've been gathering back all the witches who escaped. I'll need more information." The butler walked back in, holding a stack of files. He handed them to Arkyn. "Perhaps this will help. Files of all the residents of Fauline cottage." Arkyn looked through until he found his sister's. Her file contained numerous psychiatric evaluations, none of which were very flattering.
"This witch is of particular importance to my family. I only request of you to tell your people to leave her to me."
"You have no idea how dangerous these witches can be." Josephine warned.
"She will cause you no further trouble, I can assure you that. In return, I shall find all of the remaining witches and do my best to deliver them safely back to you." He said, holding out the file.
"Eva Sinclair. Powerful and sadistic. If I am to relinquish someone like her into your custody, I will require someone equally powerful in return." Arkyn nodded. "The Tremé Coven wants Vincent Griffith returned. How you expel your brother Finn from his body is your concern."
"Consider it done." Arkyn vowed.