One: Eric's Surprise

"Ok, what about this one with a pair of skinny jeans?" My mother, Quinn, asked me, holding up a pink shirt with 'Yolo' on it (picture up top). I smiled and nodded. "Emma, you'll look great!"

"Thanks, Mother. Dad'd never do this with me."

"I know... He's such a boy," she said. I smiled. Well, he is a guy, so... (Jake from State Farm, lol~lainiebug11)

"I think I'll add a pair of white shades," I added. Mom smiled and hugged me.

After deciding my outfit, it was an hour until the party. I added some black sanders along with my cross anklet. I was a Christian, and I go to the Douglass Church of Christ. The DCC was a small church, but a great community. I loved it.

After applying some pink lipstick and blush, I took my cross body black purse with a silver cross and rhinestones. I had my pink cell phone with me, along with my lipstick and other stuff I needed, and headed out in my silver Dodge truck.

---

At the party, at my school, Douglass High School, I went into the commons (lunch) room. The tables were gone, with exceptions of the snack bar, and a stereo sound system was put up. Our DJ, Mr. Wasson, was laying down some serious beats. I was dancing with my best friend, Lila, when he came in.

Eric Harper, my boyfriend, had really blonde hair, tannish skin, and baby blue eyes. The best thing was, the DJ was paying 'Look at You', by Big & Rich (YouTube video up top). Eric smiled and walked up to me, and took my hand. We danced and danced. At the end, we kissed, our lips touching briefly. I saw Lila in the corner of my eyes, smiling as she danced with her boy, Robert Morris.

I lay my head on Eric's shoulder, and he wrapped his arms around me. He ram his fingers through my long brunette hair, and my green eyes twinkled through my shades. He smiled down on me, him being a few inches taller than me. I was 5'6, and he was 5'11, almost 6 feet. He made me feel like I was his little angel, and he was my guardian. He was in my church, and we were like the almost perfect Christian couple. We did kiss and make out, but never tried to have a kid. We did want a baby after we were married, but decided to marry after college. But if not, God has a plan for us.

He pulled me closer, and I gently kissed him. "How about we take a break? Want some punch?"

I nodded and we sat together in a lunch table, provided to chill, drink, and eat snacks. We chilled for a good five minutes, give or take, until I got a phone call from Lila, saying shed gone home. Her mother apparently forgot to take her pills. She had some issues with her diabetes. Poor her...

Eric patted my shoulder, and I turned to see what was wrong. He surprised me by kissing my cheek, but I was swift enough to make him kiss my lips. Score Emma. Sorry, Eric. Maybe next time.

---

After the party, I drove home to find my mother's truck gone, and my dad asleep on the couch. He had a bible on his lap, and his reading glasses were crooked on his face. I smiled and put his glasses and bible away. Poor daddy, he had to prepare for tomorrow's lesson. He was an elder at the church, and this was his last one, sadly. He was a very good elder.

I took a shower and changed into some pjs, and then I braided my long hair. Mom was home by the time I went to take my dog, Rufus, outside to his pin. He was a golden retriever, who was only three years old. He was in the pin with his mother, Sadie, who was also a golden retriever, who was almost ten years old.

After licking the pin and going inside, my mother handed me the phone. It was Eric.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to go somewhere tomorrow..."

"Sure," I answered. "What is it?"

"It's a surprise," he said, and I could imagine him smiling his award-winner smile. "See you then?"

"Yeah, bye love."

---

I woke up in the morning and threw on the clothes I had on last night, but I put on my blue bikini under it. Eric mentioned there was a pool or sort of swimming involved...

After I was dressed I put my hair down, and curled it a bit at the ends. I took my purse and drove to his house.

---

At Eric's, we waited a bit to leave. His parent's wanted to wait until they left, because that had came to drop off Eric's old flat screen. After they left, we sat in the couch, him wanting to wait until at least 6 PM.

---

We arrived at the beach. We sat up our lawn chairs and beach blankets, and applied sun screen. I changed in the bathroom, as did Eric. I was sitting in a lawn chair Eric'd brought for me, when I felt hands around me, lifting me up. Soon as I knew it, I was in the ocean.

I looked behind me to find Eric, smiling at me. He'd jumped in beside me. "Eric Anderson Harper!" I said, using his full name. He smiled, flushing a bit pink. I splashed him, only making it worse. Eric splashed me back, and I pulled him underwater.