CANDOR || dumb dumb

I'm sorry for the wait. Things got so busy after Christmas, it's crazy. But here's a chapter. I will be back on schedule with a chapter every Tuesday as much as I can

 I will be back on schedule with a chapter every Tuesday as much as I can

I squealed quietly next to Ashido, shaking my fists. It was finally time for the training camp. I remember hearing stories from my dad about his experience in the woods. It was treacherous, but all worth the rough trials.

"What're you so excited about?" Bakugou asked with a scowl.

I felt my heart almost drop. I sheepishly grin as Ashido and Kaminari join Uraraka in her chanting. "The camp has always been one of the many things I looked forward to when I first came here. Dad told me all about his training camp and I'm ready to experience it for myself."

"Oh! There was this one time when the instructor had him use his quirk to teleport all the way atop the highest mountain. It didn't work out well since he and one of his classmates kinda got teleported in a weird area, and when they went to explore inside the mountain's cave, it collapsed on them. They were stuck there for a good two hours before anyone could reach them. It sucked, though, because Dad was already so worn out from having to teleport him and someone else. He wasn't used to it."

Bakugou's eyebrow twitched and I knew that he was irritated by my rambling. I fiddled with my fingers as I averted my eyes from him, messing with the end of my ponytail.

"Why'd you stop?" He asked, impatient.

My eyes widened and I could feel my cheeks redden. "I thought I was annoying you."

He bumped my head with his fist. I hold the spot aggressively and go to confront him, but stop when I see the look in his eyes. "Shut up."

"What? There are people in Class A taking extra classes?" I narrow my eyes at Monoma, the copycat blond from Class B. "Does that mean you had people who failed the finals?"

I'll be completely honest here and say that he pisses me off. He tries so hard to get a reaction out of us. I'll say that he does a good job at it because he sure gets my blood rushing when he eggs on about our class.

I had met him some time during lunch one day and I knew that immediately that I wouldn't get along with him. I know only a few things about him since some of my classmates have had their interactions. I try to keep my distance as much as possible.

I blankly stare as Kendo smacks his head. I almost laughed as she apologized and dragged his unconscious body away.

。。。

I stretch my arms from the long ride. The bus had just parked on the side of the road for a break I presume. It was much needed. Sitting in that seat isn't the most comfortable when it comes to trying to nap.

I looked far into the distance from the railing and sighed. All I want is to get to the camp already.

"You shouldn't stand so close to the edge," Yaoyorozu cautions. She smiles as she steps next to me with her hands folded behind her back.

I smiled back. "I'll be fine. I appreciate the concern."

She nods and looks out. "Say, I've been meaning to ask." I raise my eyebrow in question. "Has everything been alright at home? I know it's none of my business and it's a personal matter, but you've been looking paler these days."

I blinked, not expecting her to ask me that. We aren't the closest, but we never had a problem with each other. I felt warm hearing she was worried. "It's been rough, but things have gotten better. It is a very personal matter so I don't want to talk about it."

It took me a whole week before I could tell Bakugou about mother. I'm not sure how comfortable I am yet about revealing something so personal to the others. I was starting to think that my classmates might get hurt or frustrated with me not telling them anything, but the way Yaoyorozu softly smiled made me think otherwise.

"Hey, Eraser!"

"Long time no see."

I stared star struck as a pair of familiar faces revealed themselves. The Wild, Wild Pussycats are going to train us at the camp this year. This day couldn't get any better.

The two women introduced themselves to the class and Aizawa mentioned their role for being here. Midoriya, being the fanboy he was, freaked out and spilt information that Pixie-Bob rushes over in a fiery fit that she was still 18 at heart.

I chuckled, satisfied to see that my father's underclassmen were still as spirited as he described them to be.

Mandalay mentioned to us that the camp was far from where we stopped. I was confused as to why we stopped here instead, and I wasn't alone.

Then it hit me. "They couldn't mean..."

"I think so," Yaoyorozu answers for me, seeming uneasy as well.

"It's 9:30 A.M. right now," Mandalay smirked as he tail swayed in amusement. "If you're fast... maybe around noon?" I watch some of my classmates scatter to the bus in a desperate attempt to not do what we all perceived. "Kitties who don't make it by 12:30 wont get any lunch!"

I screech as Pixie sweeps them with her Ground Flow quirk, me getting caught in the action. I quickly tried to jump from the railing to avoid the dirt, but I failed as it fell on me.

I land at the bottom, rolling to somewhat cushion my ankles from impact. I coughed up the dirt that somehow got in my mouth, dusting off my skirt.

I see Mineta zip past me in an attempt to use the bathroom he so desperately looking for earlier, but his search was cut short at the entrance of the forest when a beast stood before him.

The Beast's Forest. I've heard rumors about it from hearing the upperclassmen talk during lunch. It's the perfect playground for Pixie's quirk.

I shivered from the thought of having to deal with her beasts and a time limit to get to camp. Not to mention the distance we had to travel.

This was going to be a long day.