CANDOR || cherry on top

(f/f) means favorite flavor

If Bakugou seems out of character, please let me know ;-; I'm so bad at keeping characters in their original personalities until they're developed

"Baku-chan," I called. I rested against his back as he sat in his chair glaring at his papers. "Say, have you decided who you're going to pick? I was thinking about going with Lady Love since she is my favorite hero along with All Might, and my dad I guess. But dad didn't send in an offer, which kind of makes me sad. All is good, though-"

"Do you ever stop talking?" Bakugou grumbled. He didn't shrug me off and instead leaned more into my touch. "The only hero that I think I'm going for is the Best Jeanist."

"Hmm." The Best Jeanist is my father's closest friend. He was always around the house when I was younger, but after a while, he stopped coming around. I know the two are still close because I see messages pop up from him on my father's phone. "You only picked him because he's ranked fifth."

"Got a problem with it?!"

I pulled a spike on his head. He screamed at me, but I ignored him. "Don't be rude. I'm just stating facts."

"Fuck off."

I smiled, putting my chin on top his head. I took his papers from his hands, not that he seemed to mind, and skimmed through them. He had many offers despite showing off his aggressiveness, but from what I can see, most of them were from the lower 10 Pros.

I noticed quickly that I had more of the top 10 heroes request for me than him. I wanted so bad to rub it in his face, but then again, he'll explode on me.

But who cares. I'm going to do it anyway. "Wow, you have a great selection to pick from, and yet I don't see anyone, besides Best Jeanist, from the top 10 Pros."

"Fuck off! I'll kill you!"

"Boy," I sass, pushing a finger against his temple. "I'll tell Mitsuki-san on you."

"Not if you're dead!"

"And I'll come back to haunt you. Don't test me."

。。。

I glanced around the room, hoping to catch Midoriya and the others, but all I could find was Uraraka. I walk up to her and tap her softly. "Uraraka, where's Izuchan and Iida?"

She rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. "All Might just came not too long ago to tell Deku something, and I think Iida left already. I haven't seen him."

My lips formed an 'o'. It was unlike Iida to leave his friends without even telling anyone bye. I can't imagine what he could be feeling right now. Even though my mother was caught by a bullet and suffered from many injuries, we were lucky that nothing was permanently damaged. "I hope everything's all right," I whispered.

Uraraka nodded, seeming to hear me.

"Damn Abe! Let's get a move on!" Bakugou yelled from behind Uraraka.

I tilted my head at him. "There's no need to yell, dummy. I'm walking with Izuchan and Uraraka, so go without me."

"Fuck no!" He growled, walking up to me. He grabbed my hand and tugged me to the exit. "You're not walking with that damn nerd. Besides, the old hag has something for you."

My eyes lit up at the sound of Mitsuki having something for me. I really hope that it's food. I wave to Uraraka and step in the same pace as Bakugou. very aware that his hand was still wrapped around my palm.

We walked outside the building and that was when he let me go. I smiled softly at the pink tint on the side of his cheeks. The warm sun that barely peeked from the top of the trees and calm breeze was peaceful.

It left me to my thoughts after a long day. I hadn't had time to really think about my mother and father, and if they're doing okay in the hospital.

"Do you want ice cream?" I asked, folding my hands behind my back.

He looked taken aback by my question. "What the fuck? Why the hell would I want ice cream?"

"Please~"

In the end, I was able to get the Bakugou Katsuki to get ice cream with me. I was surprised he agreed to even go. I was expecting more of a fight from him.

We sat in the ice cream parlor across each other. I ate my (f/f) ice cream, careful not to tip it off the cone.

"Tell me why the hell we're at this shitty ice cream place again?" Bakugou asked, his chin resting in his palm as he focused on his homework in front of him. He had pulled them out not long after we sat down.

"Because I wanted ice cream," I replied, my feet slightly swinging on from the tall chair. "Don't start complaining now. You were the one who agreed to come."

"The only reason I came was because I didn't want the old hag to bark at me about you not being with me!"

I raised an eyebrow, a smirk playing at my lips. "Whatever you say, Baku-chan. Hey, why didn't you get anything?"

He clicked his tongue as he tapped his pencil on the table, glaring at my ice cream. "I don't have to explain myself to you. Besides, that shit is nasty."

"Weirdo... you just said you didn't have to explain yourself to me and yet you said your reason anyway."

"I didn't! Fuck off!"

I laughed, biting into the cone. "I really needed this."

"Huh?"

I purse my lips. "Mom once told me that ice cream helps with a stressed or heavy heart. We don't have ice cream at home and I had no one to come with me since everyone is always busy with something. I also haven't been having the energy to do much."

"That's a fucking ridiculous excuse to buy ice cream."

"Hmph." I turn my head from him. I snatched the extra pencil that had been sitting next to his papers. I pointed it at him as I said with a sassy tone, "Don't you play with me. Ice cream is the perfect remedy to comfort a broken heart."

"Who the fuck broke your heart? And don't you sass me!" He snatched the pencil from my grasp and I lean my elbow on the table.

"My mom is in the hospital, bitch. The hell you think you're talking to like that?" Bakugou goes quiet and I finish off my ice cream. I notice his eyes lingering on me so I tilt my head. "Can I help you?"

Bakugou snapped his pencil in half. "Fuck off! Where's this damn attitude of yours coming from all of a sudden?!"