CANDOR || put it straight

Double update since I'm a little late ^ ^

As soon as we were released, I rushed out the class

As soon as we were released, I rushed out the class. I didn't think twice as I ran out the building. I ran as fast as my tired legs could take me to the police station. I had been holding the urge to run over there ever since that call from my mother, and I couldn't stand it.

I needed to see with my eyes of the damage done. I needed to see if everyone was okay.

As my mother's workplace came into view, I could see the caution tape littering the area. Crowds of people stood around the entrance and there were ambulances all around.

"Mom!" I screamed. I ran faster, my throat dry from running all the way over from school. It stung to blink, to breathe.

"(y/n)?! ..Wait!" A hand snatches my wrist and pulled me when I got too close to the scene. I yank at the grip, the adrenaline not letting my catch my breath. "I said wait!"

"NO! Let me go, let me go! I need to get in there! I need answers! Get off of me!"

The person holds my to their chest. I struggle to pull myself out of their grip, but they were much stronger. "Calm down, (y/n)!"

My legs give out from under me and I fall to my knees. My grip on the person's forearm tightens as I stare blankly at the broken windows and numerous bullet holes in the front. Blood was stained around the entrance.

My emotions settled slowly as the pain surges throughout my body. Tears cascaded down my cheeks one after the other as I grit my teeth, choking back a sob. "Mom, dad...!"

The person above me I could recognize as Kazue, mother's coworker and sister. Her pastel pink hair fell around the sides of my vision, her grip secure around me.

"What happened, Aunt Kazue?" I whispered, my eyes never leaving the blood stains. My voice cracked with every word I spoke. "How did it all happen? Is mom okay? Where's dad? Does he know? Please, tell me he does. He's with her, right?"

Kazue hushes me, her cheek resting aside my head. She rubbed my arm in comfort as I trembled slightly. "She's okay; it's okay. They just took her to the hospital not too long ago. She wanted me to tell you that she's sorry for not getting to watch you live on tv."

I shake my head, sniffling. "I don't care for that. I care for her safety... Kazue, please take me to her."

Kazue pulls my head to her chest, my gaze averted from the scene. I feel water drop on my head and shirt. "No, not today. It's late and you're exhausted. You need energy as much as she does."

"I'm sorry, (y/n)."

。。。

I woke up, startled by a loud crash outside my door. I jump to my feet and grabbed my phone, preparing myself for the worst. When I ran to the kitchen, I see Kazue with pans surrounding her.

"Auntie..." I say, letting my muscles relax. She stood up, the pan that she had picked up falling to the ground. I cringed at the noise it made, sighing. "What are you doing?"

"Sorry, (y/n)!" She quickly began gathering the pans together. "I hope I didn't wake you. I want to cook something for you this morning before we went off, but..."

"You did wake up me since you mentioned it." She looked down sheepishly. "I appreciate the thought, but don't bother cooking unless you plan to cook for yourself. I'm not hungry."

Kazue pursed her lips, nodding. She didn't seem used to my honest responses. I did try not to sound too harsh. "I'm sorry."

I shake my head and help her clean up the mess. "Don't stress about it."

She didn't cook breakfast. She said herself she wasn't hungry either. Just the thought of her sister being in the hospital was enough to make her loss her appetite, and I don't blame her.

I dress in my casual clothes, which consisted of jean shorts, a short sleeved (f/c) shirt and my normal adidas shoes that I wear to school.

(Sorry if you don't like adidas ( ; ; ))

We walked to the hospital. I didn't want to be around others, and I definitely didn't want to face any of my classmates yet. I ran out the class yesterday without any explanation, so I'm sure I'm going to be asked what was going on.

Speaking of classmates, Uraraka and Ashido had texted me a few times last night. But I didn't respond. I didn't feel like texting.

My phone buzzed in my back pocket and I took it out. Midoriya was calling me. "Sorry, Izuchan," I whispered. "I can't talk. It'll be too much."

Kazue places a hand on my shoulder as we walked through the hospital doors, a sudden heaviness on my chest. I take a deep breath to ease my nerves.

"We're here for Abe (m/n). Can you tell us her room number?"

I glance around the waiting room as Kazue talked with the desk lady. There was a good bit of people already and it was only 8:30 in the morning. I hope everything goes well for all of these people.

Kazue motions me to follow her and we take the elevator up to the third floor. We step out when we reach our destination. The halls were long and painted white. Doctors and nurses walk in all directions, some people waiting outside of doors or wondering around with patients in the hospital gowns.

I follow Kazue closely, wanting to reach my mother. It was taking too much time to find her room.

After walking a for a few minutes, on a bench sat a young looking man. He looked up upon hearing our footsteps, bags tugging at his sleepy eyes. His hair was tangled, sticking up in all directions, and his face was a deathly pale color.

"Dad!" I exclaimed, jogging up to him. I threw myself in his open arms, nuzzling my head in his shoulder.

"My dear," he quietly said, his voice straining to say that little phrase.

One of his hands reaches out and I assumed it was for Kazue. "(f/n), are you okay? Would you like some water?"

My father shook his head. "Thank you, but I think I'll pass on the water."

"Is mom in there?" I asked. I pulled away and looked at the door with 342 on the side of it. He nodded and I grabbed the handle.

However, as soon as I got a grip on it, my father put a hand on mine. "Are you sure you want to go in?"

I paused, thinking over what I might see. Mother will most likely be hooked up to many wires. So I nodded. "I need to."

Father looked uneasy at first, but he let me be. He motioned me to continue.

I slowly open the door, the sight in front of me almost like a dream. There laid my beautiful mother in a hospital bed, wires hooking her up to a machine. The heart rate machine beeped along with her slow breathing. A oxygen mask covered her nose and mouth and bandages were wrapped around her whole body.

My eyes trailed from her one covered eye down to her arm. I was shocked, fear filling my stomach with dissatisfying butterflies.

"Mom..."