49 | Baby Girl

ALYSSA

                   "SEND HIM UP," I tell Nico over the phone as I watch Doctor Lilith do her job in making sure Maria delivers safely. Maria was screaming in pain and was sweating profusely.

      As much as I dislike Bryce and Maria for doing all those wrong things, I'm not gonna deprive them from seeing this beautiful moment. Bryce will finally have a baby. A Hemsworth heir. He's going to be a father. And I'm happy for him.

It's just sad that she's born at this time where everything is falling apart.

The door opens and Maria manages to smile when she sees Bryce come inside the room. He was limping, but he managed to make his way over to her and hold her hand.

Nico, Damian, and Alejandro walk inside, coming to stand beside me as we watch the scene unfold. Hya went to assist the doctor. Nico rubbed my back comfortingly as I watch Maria.

"PUSH!" Dr. Lilith tells her. "1, 2, 3 PUSH MARIA!"

Bryce winced in pain when Maria squeezed the life out of his already messed up hand. After Maria screamed while pushing, the room was then filled with a baby's cry.

That sound...so beautiful.

I walked up to Lilith as she wrapped the baby in a warm blanket. The moment I laid my eyes on that cute little angel, my heart melted. She's such a beautiful little angel. Before I could register what I was doing, I reached out to hold the baby in my arms.

Bryce and Maria were shouting, saying something about how I better not take their baby away. But then, I'm still the legal wife and we still had that deal where Maria would give us a child. I will divorce Bryce, but for now, I just want to hold this angel for a minute. Only one minute.

Bryce stumbled to me, but the three guys blocked him from getting to me.

I gaze down at her, smiling as she wrapped her tiny hand around my index finger. This is what having a baby feels like. I wasn't able to birth a child for Bryce. But will I ever...have my own? Will I ever have a baby?

     I look up when I felt someone stand behind me. It was Damian. He looked at me with his beautiful eyes then gazed at the bundle of joy in my arms. We both watched her as she starts opening those eyes of hers.

The reason I didn't want them to be free yet is because I just wanted 1 minute with the baby. They'll have her forever. I just want a minute.

She has beautiful eyes.

And it was blue. Bright blue.

She has her mother's eyes.

I gently kiss her forehead before walking her back to her rightful mother who was waiting to hold her. I didn't want to give her away, but I had to even if it breaks my heart. Maria took her away and I stepped away to allow them the privacy they needed.

Bryce looked so happy despite his current state.

I didn't want to watch them so I walked out of the room, leaving every one behind.

                    6 months later

                     MARIA

                     I cover my ears, exhausted and didn't want to listen to my baby's cry. Its currently 8am and my baby just won't stop crying. I'm so tired and sleep deprived. Bryce went out very early this morning to go look for a job.