12 | awkward

Alyssa

Bryce and Maria were sprawled out on the couches in the living room. Lyle was behind me, pushing my wheelchair and as for Tanya, she is in the kitchen deciding on what to cook for us for breakfast. The two people who should be doing that are Bryce and Maria but they are sleeping so peacefully. I wonder what happened last night. Huh. At least they didn't kill each other.

"Its okay. You can leave me here, Lyle." I smile at my friend who looked unsure.

"Need me to kick Bryce in the ass?" He asked and I laughed softly. "Its fine. No need for that."

He caresses my face before heading to the kitchen. I push myself to the balcony and take a deep breath. I close my eyes, relinquishing the peace. It's so beautiful here. This was Maria's dream vacation place.

***

"Slowly, you got this..." Maria says softly as she helped me stand on my feet. I give her a tight smile before trying again. I held the railing for support. It was very hard. My legs are just numb.

Sighing, I turn to Maria. "I'm gonna take a break."

"Sure." She smiles.

"Sit down and tell me something interesting." I utter.

Maria sits down on the chair and looks at me. "Like what?"

"How was your first kiss like?" I ask curiously.

Maria clears her throat, looking uneasy. "Uhm, I...I.."

I smile, rolling my eyes. "Then tell me about your childhood. Tell me something. Anything. "

"Well when I was litle, I was called Ruby and I met this cute boy named Richie. He was my first love," She began. "We did eveeverything together. We were inseparable. But then dad came in and I never saw Richie again."

"That's sad. I hope you meet him again and you guys live happily ever after." I tell her happily, holding her hands.

"But what if he's already married?" She asked after a minute.

"Then, if it's meant to be...it will be. " I answer, smiling. "You will find the right one for you."

BRYCE

"You okay, man?" Lyle asked as we stand on the balcony looking down at the girls speaking with each other near the pool. I take a sip of my soda and groan.

"Yo, Bryce, bro. You good? You're acting very weird since you woke up this morning. " Lyle spoke, drinking his beer. I turn to him with a glare. "Shut up, dude."

"Yep, something's wrong. " He says then whistles. "Wanna talk about it?"

I groan. "Fuck no."

"Okay. Chill." He puts his hands up. "Okay, but you've been staring at the back of Maria's head for almost 30minutes."

I groan again and go sit down. I remember every single second of last night when I was alone with Maria. Fuck! Shit!

I kissed her! Hell! I even called her Ruby. My fucking first love. She is still messing with my head. Ugh!

"You want a beer, man?" Lyle asked, looking for a beer in the chest.

"Fuck no." I sigh, standing up.

I don't want to drink again. After last night, just...NO.

I start pacing in circles, thinking about how fucked up I am. Lyle froze in his tracks and slowly stood straight. He looks at me weirdly before walking away from me. Yeah! I wouldn't want to be near me neither.

* * *

"I'm gonna take a shower." I tell Alyssa who looks at me oddly. I grab a towel and went to the bathroom nearest to our room. I twist the knob, and someone shouts,"OCCUPIED!"

I kick the door when I knew it was Lyle. I chuckle and head to the other bathroom. I twist the knob and it opens. I walk inside and take my shirt off, showing my abs. I was about to get in the shower, but then the glass door opens and my heart beats faster when I saw Maria in just a towel.

"Why are you in here?!" She shouts at the same time I shouted,"What the fuck!"

She breathes in. "How did you get in here?"

"Through the door. Why are you here?!" I counter back.

"I just took a bath. You! Why are you here?!" She says, annoyed.

"To take a shower!"

"I locked the door!"

"Oh really? I got in because it wasnt locked, you psycho!"

She gasps. "You are a pervert."

"HA! Just get out, you ugly brat." I tell her and she sticks her tongue out at me.

"Keep doing that and I might just kiss you." I say and realize what I had just said. She stops and blushes before sauntering outside.

Shit!

***

"You got this. Whoa! Go girl," I smile widely as Alyssa started walking better again. She smiles, turning to me and then ends up falling again but Zander, Lyle's older brother, catches her in time.

We were all back home after our vacation and Alyssa is getting stronger. Thanks to Zander, he is a physical therapist and has been helping my wife get back on her feet again.

"Thanks Zander," Alyssa smiles at the guy. "For helping me get back on my feet."

"No problem, beautiful. " Zander smiles back before helping her sit down on the couch. After talking to Alyssa about some things, he finally left and I carried my wife up to our room. I lay her on the bed and went outside only to bump into Claire.

"Hey brother," She greets me.

"Claire," I say.

"Where are you going? I've noticed a change between you and Alyssa." She points out.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"You keep rushing somewhere and Alyssa is always alone nowadays. What's up?"

"Uhm..." I try to think. "Her birthday is coming up and I'm planning a surprise. "

She arches a brow, as if not believing me. "Her birthday is next month."

"Yeah, I am planning ahead because I want it to be the best." I lie to Claire. She looks at me weirdly but sighs and walks away. I look at her then at my bedroom door where Alyssa is staying in, waiting for me.

What's going on with me?

:(