36 | Ultra Sound

maria

          I SAT outside beside the pool, lost in thought as I rub my baby bump. Its night time already and Bryce is still not home. So much has happened lately and I just want peace.  All I want is peace.

          Soon I will be giving birth, and I just hope all those problems are solved when my baby comes. I still have no idea what's my baby's gender. Bryce and I should really go get an ultrasound sometime this week. I'm so excited!

"Hey,"

I look up to see it was Claire. She just came back from another trip. This girl travels alot for work. She smiles at me, walking over.

"Hey, you're back!" I say, happy to see her again. I stand up and go hug her. She smiles wider when she sees my baby bump.

"OMG! Look at that." She puts a hand on my bump. "Is it a boy or girl?"

"I have no idea. I'm waiting for Bryce to come home so we can schedule an ultrasound appointment." I tell her, putting a hand on my belly. I can't stop doing that, but its normal.

"We can just call Lilith." She tells me, pulling her phone out. She excuses herself and walks away to talk to Doctor Lilith Ray.

I was happy in that moment till Hya came across my mind. I'm here safe and sound but she's out there somewhere in danger- in the presence of bad people. I hope she is okay. I hope she has food and water and a good place to sleep. I just hope I can see her again.

I have to save her...but how? I might get killed in the process. And my baby! My baby wont be safe too.

Bryce still has no idea about this and I'm not sure if I want him to know about what happened.

Claire walks back to me with a smile after talking with Lilith over the phone. "Okay, I just got off the phone with Dr. Lilith and she wants you to be at the hospital after lunch for your ultrasound. Okay, don't forget. "

"Thank you." I thanked her, giving her a grateful smile as she walks away.

I heard a very loud voice come from inside the house and I facepalm myself because it was my stepmother- Risa. She has no respect. She and my family are all sleeping over at the mansion. I don't know why.

She was cursing at someone on the phone.

Hmmm, I wonder who...

Feeling sleepy, I get up and decide to go to Bryce and I's room to sleep. I'll just wait for Bryce there.

           RISA

             I'M SO ANGRY. So angry that I didn't care if I was being loud at such an ungodly hour at someone else's house. It's not like anyone has the guts to tell me to shut up.

"You bastard!" I shout over the phone, hoping the guy goes deaf.

Vito, the guy on the phone, groans on the other line, saying, "Stop fucking yelling. My ears!"

"I don't care about your fucking ears!" I yell again. I was so furious.

Vito.

Vito was the guy I hired to do my dirty work. He had one job! And he failed to do that simple task.

"GET RID OF HER!" I shout at him, wishing he was here so I could hit him.

"I can't do that. They are after me! They'll kill me, Risa. I need your help. I don't have anywhere to go- I don't have money. Please-" He pleads and I just scoff,"No."