Chapter 47: The Water's Error

Chills ran down Elsa's spine as the two of them jumped in high alert; Aiden's arm latching itself around his wife's waist protectively, both of them searching wildly around their surroundings, to find out where the voice came from. He conjured a flame just in case, if ever the danger reveals itself to them forwardly.

"Didn't I tell you to unhand her?!" A manly voice yells out again in a very furious tone. Aiden motioned for Elsa to stay behind him, who hesitated but complied her husband's orders.

It was very sinister and a bit scary, since it's very dark out and this is the frequent timing of thievery or ransom or murder—

Alright, Aiden, you've been reading too much Sherlock Holmes...

He marched around anxiously, trying his best to look fearless, ignoring the fact that the dark frightens him especially the void like wilderness behind the pine trees.

"WHO'S THERE?!" He boomed, threateningly whirling his head in search. It was suddenly deadly silent, his emerald green eyes locking onto his wife's blue ones, worry spread across them. Frost had begun to blanket the log Elsa is currently sitting on, her trembling hands digging through the skirt of her dress.

Aiden pressed his pointer finger to his lips, gesturing for her to be quiet. Elsa shakily nodded, a snow flurry beginning to form around her. Her worry and fear began to take its toll on her entire existence; dark memories of Aiden getting struck by he who must not be named's crossbow returning in full flow, making her groan in annoyance and irritation.

Rfh, rfh, rshf, there was a rustling noise among the wild berry bushes, leaves dropping out of their places caused by such force. Aiden's eyes minimized to the size of dinner plates upon hearing the strange noise.

The intruder could be anywhere, his shadow can be blended with the camouflage called darkness. Aiden growled, raising his voice to its full volume,

"COME OU— oof!"

Elsa dashed onto her husband's side, terror spreading through her features.   She checked every inch of his unconscious form, sighing in relief once she saw no injury or wound.

Her consciousness left her as well once she locked her icy blue eyes onto the intruder's pale green ones.

She fainted.
______________________________________

Pale blue eyes were the first thing she saw once she regained her consciousness. Elsa groggily sat up, rubbing her pounding head as she whirled her head around in panic, but calmed down after recognizing that she's currently in their bedroom.

She then found the face of the person  she thought she'd never see or touch ever again.

Hah, probably her subconscious.

Or not?

Is this what insanity feels like?

Her eyes widened, her heartbeat quickening as the dark brown haired woman touched her cheek lovingly, pressing a kiss to it, "Honey, I'm so glad you're safe."

Elsa's lips parted, breathing out a shocked gasp. The woman in front of her hugged her tightly, tears spilling from her pale blue eyes.

Elsa's fearful, trembling body came to a halt once Iduna made contact with her, burying her head into her shoulder, whispering, "This dream, I don't wanna wake up."

"But my little girl, it isn't."

That's when Elsa pulled away from her in so much fright, her formely calm blue eyes widening once again. Her chest rose and fell wildly, her body thrashing on the bed that led to her painful fall down to the hardwood floor. She quickly picked herself up and stood up, before running away from the room.

"Aiden?! Aiden, lover, where are you?!" She yelled in fear.

There was a loud yelp coming from the living room. Elsa ran out from the hallway, bursting through the entrance doors, ice beginning to swirl above her palms as prepared defense.

She shifted into a calmer stance once she saw her husband... His fore arms tied to one of their dining room's respective chairs, silent as a mouse, until he saw her standing there. Elsa ran up to him, cupping his face and kissed him deeply on the lips, then pulled away breathlessly.

She pressed their foreheads together, huffing out, "I'm so glad you're alright."

Aiden's hand squeezed her hand, "Darling, we have to get out of here. This tall, muscular man had tied me here with such abnormal strength I have never seen before. He growled at me and told me to remain quiet or else.." Aiden shuddered.

"I think I'm getting subconscious, too! We better hurry—"

The two stopped dead in their tracks once they heard footsteps coming closer to their current location.

Elsa frantically froze the ropes that tied up Aiden's fore arms, then balled her fists. She hurriedly jabbed each iced rope, sighing in relief once it dropped to the ground, shattering to fractals, thus freeing Aiden.

Aiden conjured a flame, putting Elsa behind him to ensure her safety. Elsa stubbornly ducked out from his back, summoning ice and snow.

The door opened.

And many things happened at once.

Aiden caught his fainted wife in his arms, clutching her close to his chest, her body falling limp. He gasped, shaking her awake, "Snowflake!  snowflake wake up! T-this isn't the right time!"

Aiden turned to the tall, strawberry blond haired man and dark brown haired woman icily, smoke beginning to form in his hands. He tightened his grip around the unconscious platinum blond queen, growling furiously at the pair in front of him.

"Leave. Me. And my wife. Alone." He growled.

Agnarr's face softened, forming into one of confusion, "W-wife?"

Aiden huffed angrily, "Yes. Wife. I am King Aiden of Arendelle and I order you to put that weapon away before you hurt me and my queen."

Iduna turned to her husband, whispering, "Well, it's been quite some years, too. Our Elsa finally found love."

"You know my wife? Name yourselves!" Aiden interrogated, holding Elsa in place.

Agnarr sighs, face palming in embarrassment. Iduna squeezed his hand tightly, comforting him with a side hug, then turned to Aiden firmly, confirming, "The man beside me is my husband, Agnarr. I am his wife, Iduna. We are Anna and Elsa's parents. We mean no harm to both of you, or anyone else. Please. We have so much to discuss about."