Chapter 11

He's not exactly the Jason I had in mind but I've got to reward my readers for being good to me ;) so heres a pic of Bernardo Velasco on the side >>>>

As the first class started Erika drifted away from the discussion. A day in school just isn't the same without her best friend. She felt sad that Lisa's not in class and she texted her from time to time just to check up on her and its even boring since Erika forgot to bring her earphones so she had no music to distract her. 

She sat beside Ivan since she doesn't know anyone else in class besides him and Lisa. Erika started noticing how little her social life is.

"Pssst...pssst Ivan" She poked Ivan with her pen trying to get his attention from playing some game in his laptop.

"What?" Ivan half whispered half yelled. 

"What game are you playing?" Erika wasn't interested at the game but just wanted a distraction from the boring lecture. Half the class was already sleeping and the professor didn't even bother looking up from the text book he was reading.

"Skyrim" Ivan replied without even looking at her. Erika can see he was slightly annoyed and just wanted to continue his game.

"Do you have earphones?" Erika asked. Ivan nodded and pointed to the tiny pocket in his bag pack. Erika reached for it and had to awkwardly bend between him and the laptop to get his bag so he just took out his earphones and gave it to her. Erika gave him a weak smile  plugged it in her phone and to make it less obvious she hid the cord inside her sweater.

Erika played some Red Hot Chili Peppers on her phone and rested her head on the desk while quietly humming to the tune. She wanted to play the guitar again and was looking forward to performing later at Linda's. She also wondered if Sid might come back again so they could do another duet. Lately Sid had been busy and he rarely got to see Erika but it was good for Erika since she still hasn't forgotten the event that happened a couple of months ago.

She looked at the time and realized there's forty more minutes so she decided to take a nap. After a while Ivan woke her up and she realized the lecture room was already half empty.

"Did you dream about me while you were sleeping?" Ivan said when she opened her eyes. Erika yawned and rubbed the sleep from her eyes not bothering to give a witty remark. She pulled off her earphones which was still playing some music. 

She stretched from her seat and Ivan lent her a hand to get up and handed over her bag.

"What'd I miss?" Erika asked sleepily while scrolling through some messages on her phone. She kept pulling up the neck of her sweater since it got stretched from her shoulder bag that it almost shows her right shoulder.

"Nothing really, everything's on the book and half the class was either asleep or playing games besides the professor doesn't really give a shit" Ivan said.

"What's your next class again?" Erika asked while she looked at the time on her phone. She had an hour and a half of break before her next class starts.

"Uh I've got Logic and Reasoning next" Ivan replied as he checked his reflection on his phone's screen. 

"I've got break next. I'll return your earphones later" Erika said as she was heading for the library.

"Yeah sure thing, see you later" Ivan said while typing through his phone and half waved at her.

Erika started noticing more things now that she isn't with Lisa or any of her friends. She noticed a few guys giving her second glances. Erika felt like it was back in high school where people turned their heads when she walks.