Chapter 6

(Erika and Sid’s ‘date’)

“So…coffee?” He repeated as the both of them neared his Blue convertible and he unlocked it.

“You’re paying” Erika muttered as she went into the passenger side but Sid stepped in and opened the door for her. Erika felt a small smile tug at her lips at the kind gesture but thought better of it and rolled her eyes instead and muttered something along the lines of ‘men’

Sid smiled as he closed the door and jogged towards the driver’s seat and started the engine.

Sid looked at her clothes knowing that she isn’t that comfortable with what she’s wearing.

“You can take them off you know.” Sid told her. Erika nodded and pulled on her seatbelt then let her hair down from her bun. She took off her glasses and shrugged off her hoodie and the sweater underneath and was left with a white v- neck and her grey sweatpants.

Sid looked back at the beautiful girl right next to him and thought back on how hard she tried to hide her beauty but even with those layers of clothing and fake glasses she still looked beautiful to him and it hurts him to know that she’s scared to show it off to everybody.

Erika never felt so free again like she’d been back to the way she was 2 years ago where she didn’t have to think if her clothes covered enough skin the skin that reminded her of where hands had touched her and dirtied her. She always feel like she can always wear whatever she wants as long as Sid is here.

She trusted him enough to know that he’ll protect her, but she doesn’t trust him enough to think he’ll never leave her again.

Erika still wasn’t over what happened two months ago. Erika had always thought it be just the two of them against the world. Like a modern Bonnie and Clyde, together on the run. She thought she didn’t need anyone else but him, but how wrong was she when he’d left her.

Erika looked out of the window staring off into the streets thinking about what happened before he’d left.

When she’d finally moved on but now he came back. Sid stopped the engine and parked his car when they were already at the small coffee shop. The ride was silent and awkward neither of them decided to talk. Erika opened the door before Sid could open it for her and he didn’t protest.

Sid knew Erika was still not over what he did a couple of months ago and he came here to sort things out between them. Sid had been looking out for her these past few days yet he never had the guts to ask her out until today. He knew he had to sort things out between them now.

The coffee shop was a small but quiet place with only a few customers. Sid turned to Erika.

“What would you like?” Sid asked as he turned to her.

“Choco java chip Frappuccino with whipped cream and a slice chocolate cake please” Erika ordered on her own, smiling politely at the cashier who then turned to Sid.

“Anything for you sir?

“just black coffee for me” Sid handed a couple of bills to the cashier then when the food came they both sat down on a quiet corner by the back with a good view of the outside.

When they finally sat down Erika quickly dug in on her chocolate cake. Amusement glinted Sid’s eyes as he stared at the girl in front of him. Erika looked at him still staring at her.

“What?” Erika stared at him curiously but he just smiled at her. Sid missed her even though he had to leave her. Sid cleared his throat.

“You’ve got chocolate on your” he pointed at the corner of her mouth. Erika tried wiping it with her hand but ended up smearing it. Sid leaned closer to remove it from her but she flinched at his touch.