Chapter 8

A/N: I'll admit this was a pretty shitty chapter but I revealed a small hint on our mystery virgin. Tell me what you think by commenting? 

Erika’s hand shook in anger as she looked at the paper that told her about the increase in the rent in her apartment. She knew it was too high and she couldn’t afford it with the low payment in her part- time job especially since she’d wanted to quit her other job at the music store after Jason had found her there.

 Erika stormed out of her apartment and went down the elevator and knocked furiously on the land lords apartment.

“What?” The landlord growled. He was dressed in a wife beater with stains and a pair of red boxers. There was also a five o’ clock shadow present in his face showing that he hasn’t shaved in a while. Erika glared at him and pointed to the paper.

“What is this? Why the sudden increase? I’ve always paid my rent on time” Erika exclaimed angrily. The landlord looked at Erika up and down and she suddenly felt underdressed in her green tank top and black volleyball shorts.

“Well if you’ve got any complaints why don’t we take it to my bedroom” He whispered in her ear which caused her to shudder in disgust. The man smelled like alcohol, cigarettes and something dying. Erika scrunched her nose in disgust ever since the land lord got divorced he had been grumpy and drunk.

Erika glared at the man but remained her composition. She’s not about to let this man do whatever he is about to do. He began touching her cheek and his breath reeked of alcohol that made Erika want to gag.

Why did I even choose to rent this place?

Oh right because it was cheap and the land lord wasn’t a total douchebag when he was happily married.

I bet he spend all those money on alcohol and gambling.

Erika sighed and slapped his hand away. She’d knew she’d just have to find another part time job to cover her fees.

“Nevermind” She muttered and walked away. The landlord grumbled and closed the door angrily. Erika tried thinking of her options.

I could get a roommate? But who? I don’t trust anyone that much to live with me.

Maybe I could ask Linda for a raise? After all I do bring a lot of customers in her music store with my singing.

But Jason already knew where I work.

So what? You need the money more than you need Jason to bother you while working.

Erika pulled her hair out of frustration.

Why does he have to bother me? Can’t he just move on already? Ugh!!

Erika went up to her apartment and stopped when she saw Lisa sitting in front of her door with red rimmed brown eyes. Her auburn hair was a rats nest on top of her head and she looked like a mess.

“Lisa? What’s wrong? What are you doing here?” Erika asked in concern.

“Riri” She smiled sadly at her and gave her a big hug. Erika knew something was wrong from the way she looked and the way she cling close to her best friend.

“Let’s get you inside” Erika opened her apartment door and led her to her bedroom and grabbed a box of tissues and a triple chocolate brownie ice cream from her fridge.

She handed them to Lisa and she muttered a small ‘thanks’

“Now talk” Erika demanded as she scooped a spoonful of her favourite ice cream.