Chapter 10

“I think I’m falling in love” Jason mumbled. Kyle stopped chewing and gaped at him causing some popcorn to fall from his mouth.

“WHAT?!!!”

Kyle moved closer to Jason and started checking his temperature.

“Do you have a fever?”

Jason kept staring ahead and shook his head. He too was shocked by his sudden outburst.

“Are you drunk?” Kyle asked, he had already left the popcorn on the coffee table.

Jason shook his head again.

"No man, I think it's  real. I really am falling  in love"Jason confessed.

''Well look who's finally admitted it" Sean walked into the living room along with Chad and Nash.

"Now hand over the 50 bucks" Sean reached out to Kyle who was grumbling and rummaging through his wallet for the money.

"I put all my faith in you Jason but you just had to let me down" Kyle shook his head disapprovingly.

" You guys were betting on me? Where the hell did you come from?"
"Of course Jason, you're the best money maker especially when we're up against him" Sean pointed his thumb to Kyle

"Ah you know just around and about" Sean replied.

"You never visit us anymore so we decided to visit you" Chad said as he sat down next to Kyle.

"Come on come on, 50 bucks each that was the deal" Chad extended his hand and made a face to annoy Kyle even more. Kyle threw the money in his face which made Chad laugh even harder.

"So what's lover boy been up to lately? Still no progress?" Sean asked while slinging his arm around him.

"Actually" Jason said as he moved Sean's arm from him.

" oh shit there is?" Chad's eyes widened and moved closer to Jason to hear his story.

"Oh god, you guys are worse than those girls who love to gossip"

"Life's short and boring. Now speak!" Sean commanded.

Jason told his friends about the events that happened for the past few days and how he drove her to her apartment but leaving out the part where Erika had an emergency and the kiss on the cheek.

"So did you do it yet?" Chad asked.

"No, we pretty much just talked" Jason replied, disappointed.

"So when are we gonna meet this Erika girl?" Chad asked.

"Is she even real?" Sean asked while arching an eyebrow.

"Of course she is. Kyle and I went to see her the other day. Right bro?" Jason looked at Kyle for confirmation and he nodded.

"Oh, oh right I have a picture of her, just gimme a minute" kyle held out his finger  signalizing one minute as he scrolled through his phone.

"Wait you have a picture of her?" Jason asked.

"Yeah of course I did"

" wait, lemme see" Jason,Chad and Sean both said in unison. Nash, who was suddenly intrigued, stood up and went behind Kyle to see the picture.

"Here" Kyle showed the picture of Erika's back in her skinny jeans  to them.

"Daaaamn" Sean said while Chad let out a whistle.

"Yeah good choice there Jason" Sean commented while giving him a thumbs up.

"Hold on how'd you get that pic?" Jason took his phone and zoomed in at the picture. It was a stolen shot of her back in the music store.