Chapter Twenty-Three

Last chapter before the Epilogue :( It's really almost over now. 

30 votes again? 10 comments?

Enjoy <3

“Marry you?” I gaped at him as he leaned back and closed his eyes.

“I’m going to marry you. We’re going to have a small wedding. Jamie’s going to be in it. I can tell. You would want her in it.” He turned his head opening his eyes to look at me. “It’ll be beautiful, just like you.”

“Are you sure?” He nodded leaning his head on my shoulder.

“More sure then I have been of anything in my whole life.” He whispered kissing my head. “I love you so much, Char.” He snuggled his head into me. “You’re just so comfortable.”

“You want to get married.” I sighed blinking. He looked up at me lifting his hand to stroke my cheek.

“What about it is hurting that pretty little head?” He asked seating up groaning. “Ow, warn me next time to not do that.” I smiled weakly at him.

“Are you really ready to get married? Don’t you think we are a little young?” He smiled at me.

“We were young to have a baby, Baby.” He ran a finger under my eye stroking the bag. “We are doing great. Well when we aren’t in the hospital.” He smirked. “But almost losing you made me think about it and buy the ring. This, this is making me want to run to city and just have you as my wife.” He closed his eyes. “I can’t lose you. I just got you back. I want to grow old together with our grandkids running around the front lawn while we sit in our rockers.” He stroked my hairline. “All these near death experiences are making me see all my wrongs that I’ve done. All of the pain that I’ve brought onto you and Jamie. Now I need to make up for all of it. I have to.” I looked up at him.

“You feel like you have to make up for it?” He shrugged.

“I just want to feel like I don’t owe you something. That’s not why I asked you to marry me, Charlotte. I asked you to marry me because I love you more than life itself.” He smiled at me.

“The past is in the past. It needs to be kept in the past.” I ran my hand over his stubbly cheek. “You made it up to me already. I forgive you. You just got to forgive yourself. I already did.” He sighed.

“The past is the past.” I nodded.

“Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.” He smiled before taking a deep breath.

“Charlotte, will you marry me?” He whispered in my ear. I took his face in my hands and kissed him.

“Yes.” I smiled at him. “We’re going to get married.” I giggled snuggling up closer to him.

“You’re ring is back at the house. I’ll have to give it to you at another time.” He smiled as the doctor walked in.

“Good Morning Kids.” He smiled at us. “How are you both feeling?”

“I’m feeling loads better. I think I can go home now.” Kellan smiled at the doctor. He nodded.

“That’s good. I can deal with that. We talked about this before.” He nodded at him. The doctor turned his eyes to me. “And you Charlie?”

“I feel better. Not as tired.” The doctor nodded putting down the charts and walking over to the cabinet in here.

“That’s good. Your mother called before and asked how you were. I told her you were sleeping and I felt it was necessary that I didn’t wake you up. She agreed.” I nodded watching as he pulled out a little bottle of something and put a needle into it.