Chapter 120

You walk down the stairs the next morning with the twins on either of your hips to see Steve sitting on the arm of the couch that Bucky is lying on, the two of them talking, and judging by their serious expressions you're guessing it's about something important... or rather two someone's in particular.

Not wanting to interrupt them, you slip past unnoticed and head for the kitchen to get some breakfast. You're surprised - although you're starting to realise that you should be prepared to expect anything while you are here - to find a buffet set up as if you were in a hotel or something.

You find Peggy already sitting in the dining hall chatting away to Sam and Maria who has tony bouncing on her lap, Nat on the other hand is nowhere to be seen. She of all of them gives you the strangest vibes.

"Oh (Y/N)! Come, come sit with us! Maria is just telling us her first impression of Howard. Completely accurate if I do say so myself." Peggy greets you enthusiastically.

You grab a bowl of porridge and go take a seat next to her.

"So, I was just saying how I was watching his demonstration at this convention we were at, front row seats. And he needed a volunteer to press a button for him. I didn't even raise my hand, but he'd been making eye contact with me the whole time and right then he looked me dead in the eye and told me to come up onto the stage. I was shocked of course. But did as he said no matter how embarrassed I was. Then after the show I was just heading out when someone grabbed my hand. When I turned around it was him. He insisted I came to the after party with him and, well, the rest is history I guess." She sighs dreamily.

"Oh yeah... what happened at the after party?" Sam wiggles his eyebrows and presses.

"A women never kisses and tells." She smirks causing all of you to laugh.

You sit with them all for breakfast and get to know Sam and Maria a little better, they both seem like very nice people. After that you find yourself bombarded by Isla and Theo wanting to do something so you tell them to wrap up in their warmest clothes and decide to take them for a walk around the gardens. You put the twins in the pram and do the same with them too.

"Where's Luke?" You ask as they come bounding down the stairs to where you are waiting.

"He's just up in the room reading, he hasn't really been talking to us or doing anything else." Isla shrugs.

You huff and roll your eyes. "Oh well, his loss."

Bucky and Steve are finished talking and now Bucky just lays there, minty on the ground next to him getting her ears scratched as he watches you amusedly.

"Guys look, go say good morning to your dad." You nod towards him.

"Morning daddy!" Isla exclaims as she goes running over and leaps up to hug him gently.

"Morning Dadda!" Theo copies her.

"Morning guys." He yawns.

You follow in their direction.

"Sleep well?" You chuckle.

He nods. "Best I've slept all week."

"I slept pretty good too, lots of space to myself." You tease. "I'm just taking these guys out to burn off some energy and then I'll come back to see you. Do you need anything? Any breakfast?"

He shakes his head. "I'm good for the moment thanks."

The minute you open the door you can already tell that it's colder than yesterday. But it doesn't bother the kids. They both go sprinting out the door with Minty in tow and head around the back to the garden.