Chapter 107

Flashback to 18 years old...

You stand in the corner of the room, quietly watching as Bucky throws punches at his coach, dodging and ducking on command, swinging whichever direction his coach tells him too.

"1, 2, high!" The coach shouts and Bucky does exactly that, lightening fast and looking like an expert. "That's it Buck, come on. Last set. 2, 2, low, 3. Nice!"

Bucky grunts as he moves, sweat dripping down his back and muscles bulging. You can tell he must be tired by now. He already had a session before school this morning and then was straight back here afterwards this afternoon. But he still puts all his effort in.

You haven't left his side all day. That's how it's pretty much gone these past few days ever since... you know.

He comes home and picks you up after his morning weights, then you go to school and he sticks close by you all day making sure that Jake stays away; not that he'd dare come near you after what Bucky did to him, he's still got the bruises and ugly bump on his nose to show for it. Then you come with him to his afternoon session and then you walk home, have dinner and go to sleep since your so exhausted all the time at the moment.

"Alright. Let's call it there." The coach huffs and steps away from Bucky. "Nice job today. I'll see you again in the morning."

Bucky pulls off his gloves and spits his mouth guard out into his hands.

"Yes coach." He gasps for breath. "Thanks."

"No problem. You keep this up and you'll smash it at regionals." The coach states confidently.

Bucky chuckles and shakes his head before turning to head over to you. You walk out to greet him.

"Good work." You remark as you hand him his towel.

"See." He grins cockily. "You've got nothin' to worry about. Anyone who dares to come near you, I'll knock them out."

You laugh and look down. "Thank you."

He wipes his faces and drags the towel over his upper body.

"I'll just go have a quick shower and then did you wanna go for a walk? It's a nice evening. That is... if you're feeling up for it." He asks.

You hesitate but then nod. "Yeah, sure."

You feel so bad as if you've been stopping him from doing anything this last week or so and he's literally taken you right under his wing, no hesitations or questions asked. The least you can do is take the long walk home. Besides, deep down you know that nothing will happen and nobody will notice, that's literally impossible at this point for even you. But it doesn't stop you from being paranoid.

"Great." He smiles before jogging off to the changing rooms.

"Hey!" The coach suddenly calls across the gym to you, making you jump at the echo.

You watch wide eyed and a little scared as he walks over to you, an accusing look in his eyes.

Oh god. Did Bucky say something to him? Is he going to give you a lecture? You trust Bucky of course but he also tells his coach pretty much everything, they have like no secrets. Probably why they work so well together.