Chapter 109

Bucky's POV:

The minute I get home and see the door swinging wide open I know that something is up. Minty immediately comes running up to us barking far more than usual.

I bend down to set Theo on the ground so that him and Isla can pat her. Meanwhile I'm preoccupied by looking up at the house, creeping up to it apprehensively.

"Hey girl, what's up?" I mumble as I bend down to absentmindedly scratch her behind the ears.

"Bucky! Oh my god!" A voice suddenly cries out.

I bolt upright to see Peggy come running out of the house, one of the twins in each of her arms and crying her eyes out. She practically comes running right into me.

My blood runs cold. I've never seen her so distraught apart from maybe when Steve was shot. Sure she's pregnant and hormonal but this is next level.

Thankfully Isla and Theo have already run over to the grass lawn to start playing with Minty so they don't see.

"Peggy?!" I exclaim and grab a hold of her. "What's wrong?"

"It's (Y/N), Jake took her and Luke I think. Sh-she rung me trying to explain but I couldn't really understand. She got cut off halfway through a sentence and there was a whole lot of shouting." She sobs almost inaudible.

"W-What?" I gasp, suddenly feeling faint.

"She said it was Jake this morning at the bank... sh-she said you'll know what she means." She continues. "I think he got her and Luke. He was doing something to the twins and she was trying to protect them I think."

Immediately my whole world feels like it's falling apart

Amongst all the chaos I try to think straight about what to do. I find myself stepping around Peggy and walking inside, my mind racing. She follows after me, sniffling.

Almost the second I get into the lounge I spot something already out of place, a scuffed out cigarette. No one in this household smokes. Jake's a druggo. It has to be him.

My blood instantly boils and I want to scream, rip the room to pieces. Kill. Him.

How dare he do this to my family. How did he even know to do it? How did he get Luke? Where the hell could he have gone with them? What is he doing to them?

Next I head to the kitchen and find a frying pan on the ground, the phone hanging from the wall and a small patch of the blood on the ground and pray that it's his and not one of theirs. I storm back outside, scanning the area for anything else and find skid marks from a car very obviously speeding off from a spot on the road just outside our house.

Something clicks then. If (Y/N) says it was Jake this morning then it must've been the black van. At least now we have something to look for.

"Daddy what's going on?" Isla skips over to you and asks. "Where's mum? Why's Aunt Peggy crying?"

"U-um..." I trail off, still looking around for signs of what happened or where they could've gone and trying to keep myself together without breaking in front of the kids.

They don't need to know about this unless absolutely necessary.

"Mum isn't home at the moment, and aunt Peggy... well you see being pregnant makes you emotional." I explain.

She looks at Peggy with raised eyebrows. "Wow. I'm never being pregnant then."

If we weren't currently in the situation that we are I would laugh. But how on earth could I do that right now?