Chapter 105

Your POV:

You stand waiting at the altar, excitement buzzing not just in you but around the whole room. For a second you glance over at Bucky, your husband looking as handsome as ever before in his crisp black tux and dark grey waistcoat and tie. His hair is slicked back into a curl and his face looks so smooth and sharp. His eyes dart to you for a second and he flashes you a sneaky smirk and a wink. You grin and chuckle at him before looking down at your gorgeous baby blue silk dress that flows out from the waist to just below your knees.

Although it's not your day you do feel beautiful in what your wearing. Your hair falling in nice loose curls with just the front pinned back and a nice set of white heals, your makeup simple yet elegant and a nice bouquet of bright orange flowers to tie it all together.

The small crowd of friends that are gathered here in the little church at the edge of town today for Steve and Peggy's wedding is just perfect. It's quiet and intimate which is just what they wanted when you think about all the other hustle and bustle that goes on in their life.

Guenivere was unlucky enough to draw the short straw and get stuck baby sitting all of your kids today. But she's so good with them, always has been able to entertain them and put smiles on their faces and she looks happy as her and her husband sit there with them today, the stroller just off to the side with the twins who thank god are playing nice today. It won't be long before she's joined by Howard in the front row either.

Finally you see Steve hovering nervously at the doors for a few seconds before making his way down the aisle, a few heads turning to see him and smiling at him warm and encouragingly. Your jaw drops open. He's limping quite noticeably and walking very slowly of course but he's doing it unaided. You knew Bucky had been working hard at helping him but he didn't tell you how much progress he had made. You would not have expected him to make it down the aisle without a crutch when you saw him him just a few days ago. Even two weeks ago you were assuming he was going to be in a wheelchair.

But he must've rested up lots but also worked really hard, because there he is.

His arm is still in a sling and he hobbles along, unable to straighten his leg or take long strides.  But he still looks dapper in a dark black suit with coat tails with double buttons across his torso. The dark grey waistcoat underneath ties in with Bucky's and his hair is styled nicely back and flicks up at the side.

He smiles timidly as he steps up to the alter, grimacing a bit as he bears weight on his left leg. Then he goes over to Bucky who instantly reaches in to give him a hug and pats him gently on the back, whispering something in his ear. Probably something like 'well done'.

He then makes his way over to you and leans in to kiss you on the cheek.

"You look beautiful." He whispers.

"You look pretty spiffy yourself." You tease. "And you're walking pretty good too."

He chuckles modestly as he then takes his place on Bucky's side of the room.

While you wait for Peggy to arrive you take in your surrounding room. The pews are simply decorated with nice bouquets of brilliant orange, similar to yours. You wouldn't think it, but this simple setup is perfect for Steve and Peggy. The beautiful stained glass windows are setting a wonderful stream of faint colours cast across the room with the sun hitting them at the perfect angle.

Finally, you hear a car pull up outside. Everyone's heads turn simultaneously, expecting to see Peggy walk through the door looking like a beautiful bride. Sure enough, after a minute, there she is with Howard at her side beaming as if he really were a proud father.