Spideynova

Hey guys! This is inspired by a small one-shot I found by an anonymous author. On tumblr, I think. Uh, so yeah. Enjoy! 

-----------------------------

Peter sighed as he flipped through the channels of his television. It was a quite boring day, indeed. There were no villains about, not even certain irritating French ones. In fact, S.H.I.E.L.D. had given the team the day off. One might call this a miracle, but Peter found it to be rather dull, especially since he couldn't go out solo right now with no villains anywhere.

The others had taken their day off to do something more productive; Danny had gone to the park to get some meditation because of "nature's natural serenity", Luke had gone to see a football game, Ava to some lecture hall, and even Aunt May was on a hike in the mountains for a few days. The only two people residing in the house were Sam and Peter. Sam was in the kitchen and Peter was laying on the couch flipping through channels. Yay.

Suddenly, Sam came from the kitchen. "Lunch is almost ready."

"What're you making?" asked Peter, not bothering to look away from the TV.

"Just Mac n' Cheese." Sam shrugged. "Just put it in the oven." The human rocket sat on the couch next to his friend.

"Dude, couldn't you have just put it in the microwave?" Peter raised an eyebrow.

"Amateur," scoffed Sam jokingly. 

Peter smiled and shook his head at his teammate. They sat in silence for a few minutes, the only sounds coming from the TV as Peter tried to find something to watch. He began to mumble angrily at it. Why were there no good shows on?

Suddenly Sam took the remote from his hand and turned off the television. The webslinger turned his head towards Sam, confused and a bit frustrated, while Sam just laughed at his expression and rolled his eyes. Peter huffed in annoyance.

"Okay, what do you want to watch then?" Peter questioned.

"That is a very good question," Sam responded, turning to the television once more and then flipping to the DVD player input selection. 

Does he have this set up?  wondered Peter, who immediately thought of Sam in a skintight spy costume dropping in by wire to place a DVD in the player. Peter mentally slapped himself out of his daydreams. A movie May had bought for Peter when he was younger came on. Peter gave Sam a sideways glance. "Really?"

"You have any better ideas?" asked Sam coyly. Peter conceded and Finding Nemo started to play. They didn't really talk much as the first scene of the movie played. Sam got up once to get the Mac N' Cheese, placing it into bowls for himself and Peter. 

The boys knew that they were going to be alone almost all day from the beginning. Danny wouldn't leave the park for an hour after sunset (known from past experiences), Ava's lecture was 3 hours long starting at 1 and she had told them that she had to go over to Flash Thompson's house for a few hours to tutor him in English, and Luke's game was bound to go way over time and the ride back would most likely be an hour or longer. So when it was getting close to almost dinner time, and both teens were yawning at the boredom of the day which included more movies and bowls of Mac N' Cheese. Eventually Sam got tired and lay his head on Peters' shoulder.

Maybe it was the fact that they had been watching romantic movies all day or because there was only one light on in the room as the sun set, but Peter didn't go bright red. In any other case, he knew he would have, but he didn't. Instead, he wrapped an arm around Sam's shoulder and pulled him closer. Peter's teammate looked up at him, slightly dazed from his sleepiness and a little confused at Peter's actions. Peter simply rolled his eyes at Sam.

"Just don't droll on me, okay?" he asked in a sarcastic tone. Sam nodded and laid his head back down on Peter's shoulder. He watched Sam fall asleep and realized he was tired himself on this lazy and simple day. He pulled the blanket off the couch and wrapped it around the both of them, and then Peter, too, had fallen asleep.