"Okay, okay, Miss Amber understands, no worries," she spoke dramatically as she stood from the chair and watched Joel push it in after her.

"Thank you, My Lady! This a'way," he told her as he motioned for the kitchen door.

The two of them were close to tears from laughing so hard as they walked through the main room to the front door. Just as they were about to exit, Amber spotted Eva approaching them from her left.

She quickly turned to face her and smiled. "Eva!" She missed the girl like crazy. They never really got the chance to speak since school had started, and Amber missed their talks. Sure, they waved whenever they spotted the other, but there was little actual communication that they shared and Amber wondered if the lack of talk had anything to do with the Fourth of July Dance.

"Hi, Amber," Eva said as she mirrored Amber's smile and stopped before her. The smile only lasted for an instant as Eva leaned around Amber to peek at Joel who stood behind Amber. "Um, sir?"

Joel snapped his head up from whatever he was looking at on the ground and stepped around Amber so he, too, was facing Eva. "Yes, Eva dear?"

"When will you be back? I know you're driving Amber to school, but someone is awaiting your call."

Joel appeared puzzled before his face finally proved he was on the same page as Eva. "Man, is it that damn service dude again?"

Eva only nodded, and Amber admired the way her eyes twinkled against the sunlight booming through the large windows that surrounded them.

Joel let out a groan of annoyance. "Alright, I'll call him back once I return. Tell him that," he instructed before turning and making his way to the front door.

Eva flashed Amber another sweet smile before running off in the direction she had came.

Once in the car, Amber thought of a question she intended to ask Joel once she had spotted Eva. She also pondered on whether she should mention her loss at what state they were in.

As she opened her mouth to speak, she only inhaled a chunk full of air as Joel slammed on the gas peddle, causing the red car to bolt out of the driveway at an intense speed.

Amber sharply turned her head to face Joel as she gripped the sides of the car for the sake of her dear life.

She was shocked to see that he was acting normal. He was even humming to the tune playing on the radio as he continued traveling at the insanely fast speed.

By the time they had reached the main road, he had not once glanced to Amber as he drove faster than the wind itself.

They reached a stoplight, and once it had turned red, Joel waited until he reached the very edge of the road markings to slam on his breaks, causing Amber to fly forward in her seat, thankful she was wearing a seat belt.

After finally plopping back down, she glared at Joel who only blinked at her.

"What is wrong with you?!" She yelled sharply at him for the first time.

"Huh?" He asked, seeming completely puzzled before the light turned green again, signaling for Joel to slam on the gas.

Amber flew up out of the seat once more and once regaining conscious, leaned over to Joel's side and took a glance behind the steering wheel to find out how fast he was going.

"Sixty-seven miles per hour, Joel?! The speed limit is thirty!" She shouted at him as she returned back to her seat and clutched onto the side of the car once more in pure horror.

Joel only laughed. "Calm down, Amber. We're fine!"

"What if a police officer-" Amber's sentence was chopped off as she let out a squeal instead.