+5+

Ellie

My crusted eyes peeled open as irritation settled in. My body would never grow used to waking up early for school, but I couldn't dare miss it or it would be off with my head.

I did my usual morning routine, then dug through my closet in search of something to wear. I was running a little behind, so I hastily ran through the necessary and finished up.

As I reached the kitchen I quickly thought of something I could eat on the way to school. While I was looking through our pantry, I heard the faint thump of music and a car door shut outside the kitchen window.

I quickly walked over to nosily peak out of the curtains, and to my dismay, it was Claire.

The top was down on her silver convertible BMW, and there in the passenger seat sat Harry, who greeted her with a peck on the lips.

The action had no reason to bother me. Matter of fact, it was none of my concern. Though there I stood, wasting more time while enviously staring at the two drive off.

I shook my head as I snatched a bottle of orange juice and a muffin while shuffling out of the door. I slung my bag into the passenger seat as I climbed in and joined their route to school.

-

The day dragged like any other day, but I reluctantly made it through. I had choir rehearsal after school, and of course, had to be the first one there to greet everybody and make sure they were in their assigned seats. I had endured a full day of school for once since I chose to stay and work on a project with my assigned partner.

As I steadily walked to my car while fumbling with my keys, I heard loud heavy footsteps stomping behind me, trying to catch up to my fast pace. A part of me wanted it to be Harry, but I knew it didn't need to be.

Yet, when I heard my name being called, it confirmed that it indeed was the one and only-

Harry.

With my fingertips on the handle of the driver-side door I stopped to look at Harry. His hair was flapping behind him in the breeze as he halted himself in front of me, emerald eyes wide and lips plump.

"Can you please give me a ride, Ellie?" His raspy voice begged.

Claire's expensive perfume fanned my face, and the scent of her lipgloss was all over his breath.

Yet when he asks like that... how could I say no?

"I don't think so Harry," I denied, proud I even got that out.

"Please Ellie? Claire has cheer practice and I don't know anyone else here," he begged.

The puppy dog eyes that he didn't think I'd notice were begging me, and the lord knew they were working.

The viridescent pools were a swirling sea of pure plead, and it was making me melt with guilt.

"Harry, I have somewhere to be soon," I tried again.

It was 3:30, and my church was a good ways away from the school and my home. Taking Harry home would have me inappropriately late, and I sure as heck couldn't take him to church.

"Please Ellie?" The next thing you know my clammy hands were swallowed by Harry's rough skin, and he was bent down on one knee.

My face lit up as I looked around at the stares he drew. Now, I for sure couldn't say no and had to get Harry off of his knee's quick, so I finally agreed and gave in to his scheme.

"Driving mighty fast aren't you," Harry commented as I zig zagged throughout traffic.

"Do you ever be quiet...?" I mumbled to myself.

I wasn't sure if I was upset with myself for never being able to put my foot down, or with him for being so dang on cute.

"Pardon?" He spoke in French. That was one of the few terms I remembered how to say, which I would say:

"Pas acceptable," in response to Harry.

That wasn't me testing his French, but when I heard him mumble a strain of foreign words my brain crashed.

"Je pourrais remplir cette bouche intelligente avec quelque chose d'autre à la place mon ange..." his smooth voice said so low it made me wanna clamp my legs together.

The only words I could decipher from his naughty lips were mouth, and Angel.

Two words that should never be in a sentence together.

We finally arrived to Harry's home where I had no problem quickly kicking him out.

He hopped out of the car with his things but not before making me want to crawl in a hole first.

"I owe you angel, whatever it is you need," he winked, and closed the door behind him.

Just as Harry walked off in a confident stride, my ringtone started blaring in my car. When I saw my moms name spread across the screen I gulped and squeezed my eyes shut in terror.

Just before the last ring I picked up and slowly began backing out of Harry's driveway.

"H-hello?" I stupidly stuttered.

"Hey baby are you on the way? You know today's Tuesday..." she warned.

"I know momma I'm sorry but I had to run to the store and get some personal stuff, then gas or I wouldn't make it, but I promise you I'll be there soon!" I lied so smoothly even I believed it.

"I'll let it slide then since I assume you aren't feeling well. I have ibuprofen if you need it, see you soon baby."

"Thank you. See you soon mama," I said before ending the call.

Air filled my lungs again as I had forgotten how to breathe when facing another lie. That boy was racking up a total in a number of things on my list...

+++++++++++++++++++++