+4+

Ellie

"So, um, how was your first day?" I asked Harry while keeping my eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.

"You know, school is actually fun in America."

I accidentally snorted at him. No teenager in their right mind would ever say school was fun. Even though Harry's opinion took me by surprise, I apologized in embarrassment for snorting at his statement.

"I guess it's fun when you're already friends with the "well known", and you just got here," I shrugged.

"As in popular?" He asked in confusion.

I blushed because I probably sounded like a childish fool, but everyone around knew Claire. She had clout from almost every school in the area, which wasn't surprising. That girl's parents were never home and very wealthy people. She threw parties casually and was well known for that instead of her undeniably deadly attitude.

"Yeah..." I didn't want to go into detail and make myself sound like a fan, so I left it at that.

"Well, where I'm from, there is no 'most popular' at school. We already hated that shit hole as it was. Popularity's just something you guys make up here to make your day to day lives more interesting...," he shrugged nonchalantly.

"Well..I'd much rather have that than the petty groups here."

We were finally back in our neighborhood, and I was praying that none of my parents came home early. I had to go through the garage to make sure none of their cars were hiding in there since I was the only one that had to park outside.

When we pulled into my driveway, I held my breath while pressing the clicker. I released it shortly after in relief once seeing the empty space. There wasn't a single car home, and I could breathe now for good, but that stupid tardy was still nagging at the back of my mind.

"Thanks again for the ride today. I'll try and figure it out for the rest of the week," he thanked.

I automatically felt the dreaded horrendous feeling of guilt.

Harry was mysterious but also sweet. It was bad enough that he was so dang on fine too. I become close to paralyzed each time we lock eyes because his stare was so mesmerizing.

How could God make such a handsome being?

"N-no problem," I hadn't realized I was staring until he stared back. A smirk was written all over his face that I knew I was going to have to get used to.

Harry grabbed the handle ready to get out of my hair for the day, but I stopped him.

"Um, what grade are you in?"

I didn't even bring it up smoothly or make it sound less awkward. I just asked because he did earlier, and I wanted to know the same.

"12th," he answered with a straight face that soon curled into a smirk.

He closed my door, and I watched his figure get smaller and smaller as he finally returned to his home.

I grabbed my steering wheel and slightly banged my head against the material. A wave of heat flashed throughout my body as I assumed Harry thought I was the world's biggest idiot by now.

I mentally called myself stupid the entire way into my home and all the way up to my room, where I stayed to finish my homework until dinner later on.

-

When both of my parents returned home, I was surprised neither mentioned my tardy. I could hardly eat because I was so scared they would know. According to my mom, she checked my attendance and grades almost every week, so she would see it sometime soon, and I'm not ready for the confrontation when she does.

I pushed down my dinner because I knew if I didn't my parents would question me, and I sucked at lying to them. The audacity of me taking Harry to school today and being late was threatening to spill from my lips every time my parents spoke to me. It was like the good Angel on my shoulder was the louder twin, and I couldn't make their truthful voices any quieter. It wanted me to confess so badly because the lord knew my heart was in the right place, but I just couldn't.

"I'm gonna go get ready for bed," I said with cheeks full of mashed potatoes and steak.

I had basically scarfed down my meal and was about to leave the table with the few remains in my mouth, but my parents halted me.

"You're in a rush this evening honey," my mom pointed out.

"I'm just super tired and wanna lay down," I wasn't completely lying at least.

"Tomorrow night you got dishes," my dad sternly reminded.

"Yes sir," I nodded, then finally took a breath once out of their sight.

When I returned to my room I pressed my back against it, slouching to a slump on the floor. You'd think someone was chasing me up the stairs the way I had to catch my breath.

After scolding myself for about five minutes I finally got up to begin my nightly routine. Before I headed to my bathroom with my things, I noticed my curtains were open again. I loved natural lighting during the day, so my curtains usually stayed open, or my mom would open them every morning before she left for work. That way the natural sunlight would eventually wake me up.

I didn't want a repeat of last night so I hastily sat my things down and walked over to my window to seal the curtains shut.

While walking to my window, I noticed Harry's luscious locks draping down as he focused on something in front of him. To my surprise, he appeared to be sitting at a desk, but of course he would place it directly in front of his window, parallel to mine.

With my eyes sill locked on him I grabbed one curtain, ready to pull it shut. As soon as I was about to his head popped up, we locked eyes, and I froze like a deer in head lights.

I couldn't figure out why I became so paralyzed under his stare and in his presence. It felt like a seductive trance almost.

I watched him search for something, then a black marker appeared in his hands. He hastily worked to rip a sheet of paper from whatever notebook he was writing in, and quickly jotted something down.

Less than a minute later bold black words were on a paper that he pressed against the glass.

Thanks again for today. Get some rest <3~ H.

My face heated up, and once I was done reading I couldn't help but notice the small smile on my lips, and the sexy smirk on his.

I didn't worry about my parents seeing our encounter from the downstairs window. Our houses were so close that you couldn't see the second story or their home anyways front that angle.

I decided if I stood there and looked for another second I'd never move. So with an awkward wave good bye I yanked the curtains shut and continued my task at hand.

This by far had been my longest first day of school ever.

+++++++++++++++++++++