two

CHAPTER TWO - THE SPAWN OF SATAN

Thea stood against the back cell wall, putting herself in between the hunter and the sleeping boy

Thea stood against the back cell wall, putting herself in between the hunter and the sleeping boy. The three of them were locked in a cell together while Sheriff Barker took Hasselhoff to her office to question him.

The hunter leaned forward a bit toward Jack, receiving a bad reaction from the abnormal girl. She leapt in front of him and growled lowly, baring canines and black claws.

"Hey, whoa!" The man exclaimed.

He jumped back in his seat with his hands up in defense, gasping slightly at the violent color of her eyes. Normally, he wouldn't react this way when it came to werewolves, but before he was shoved in there with the two supernatural teenagers, he was stripped of all his weapons. He didn't have his angel blade nor his silver knife.

He was completely defenseless— vulnerable to the beings that were before him.

His hands waved around in a panic. "Whoa! It— It's okay. You can trust me."

The brunette scoffed and retracted her claws and fangs. Her eye color returned to a deep brown.

"'Trust you'? A hunter?" She gave him a sarcastic grin. "Really?"

"How—" he stuttered, baffled- "How did you know that I'm—"

"Don't you know the common knowledge of a werewolf?" Thea rolled her eyes, backing the hunter back into the wall. "I can smell the gunpowder all over you."

"Defined sense of smell." Mockingly, she tapped the tip of her nose before moving away, back toward the knocked out teenager. "You hunters are pathetic."

He quirked an eyebrow at her statement. "I'm sorry?"

"You should be."

The lycan walked around the cell, her arms crossed and eyes never leaving the man. She observed him and took note of his appearance. His hair was quite long, coming down close to his shoulders. He was tall, towering over her by nearly a foot. His frame was muscular, his shoulders were wide.

She shot him a hateful glare.

"You hunters are always so hellbent on hunting down us so-called 'monsters', not even for greed, no—" she stopped directly in front of the hunter, leaning in close, sneering- "you kill us to feed more into your already inflated egos."

The man swallowed, nervous at the waves of bloodlust that seemed to roll off of her small figure. He never knew a young girl could be so terrifying. She continued her rant, walking about the cell again, letting out a dry laugh.

"You don't even bat an eye, just kill and slaughter and murder without mercy—" the bitter laughter left her voice, replaced by a malous tone- "without any empathy for the people that you hurt."