Chapter 20

The small classroom was crowded with people. In the stagnant air, only the muffled sound of chalk against the blackboard could be heard. Hu Yu wrote the last stoke. Lowering her hand, she looked at the black-haired heads bowed over the notebooks. She was gratified but also sad.

She was helping Class 5's students calculate their approximate score for the college entrance exam they just took. She taught them for three years, and this was probably their last lesson together. This was how these things went, though—no matter how reluctant she was, the young eagles would inevitably leave the nest one day.

The vice-principal and the teachers gathered in an office for a meeting. Their expressions were somber. After the college entrance examination finished, they finally received the test papers and realized how insufficient their preparations were, despite them being convinced otherwise. The difficulty of this year's exam was far beyond what they had expected.

No sound was heard except the rustling of papers, and no one spoke. Everyone prepared for the worst.

But the students in Class 5 had no idea. Their grades had always been bad—for them, every test was difficult, so they took this as a matter of course. Before the exam, Hu Yu reminded them to memorize how they solved the major questions and write them down later, so almost everyone had a notebook with a bunch of messy notes. They chattered, discussing their answers, lamenting accompanied by the laughter of joy—

"I actually did this question correctly?!"

"Argh, this one's wrong after all!"

"You didn't write out all the solution steps, you'll definitely have points deducted. Teacher Hu! How many points will he have deducted?"

"Calculate faaaaaaa.s.ssttttterrrrr, dude."

"What is your total score?"

"I think only two hundred..."

"f.u.c.k, the full score is over seven hundred—you're really telling me you could only get two hundred?!"

Gao Sheng finished calculating. He was a little worried. Chinese was his weak point, so he deducted more points there. When he finally determined his total score, it seemed a little over four hundred. According to the previous years' minimum admission scores, never mind the key universities, even third-tier colleges were out of the question.

Maybe it was because of Lin Jingzhe's close attention to him, but Zhou Haitang unexpectedly did better than Gao Sheng. After taking a look at his friend's results, he squatted by Lin Jingzhe's desk and quietly waited for him to finish.

The rough calculation done, Lin Jingzhe looked at his total score. He hesitated for a moment, then began to calculate it again to a higher standard.

Gao Sheng was on pins and needles. As he waited for Lin Jingzhe's pen to finally stop moving, he nervously began to tap on the desk with his fingers: "What's your score what's your score what's your score..."

Silent, Lin Jingzhe stopped writing. "It seems... quite high."

Gao Sheng's eyes widened with surprise. Zhou Haitang jumped over his desk and ran over, and Deng Mai asked hurriedly, "Last year, Qunnan University's minimum admission score was six hundred and one—is yours over six hundred?"

Lin Jingzhe said slowly and solemnly, "It should be."

"OHHHHHH——————"

No matter how well they themselves did, all the Cla.s.s 5's students who heard Lin Jingzhe's words cheered. Gao Sheng excitedly fist-pumped: "Awesome!"

Lin Jingzhe didn't seem very excited or pleased, but in fact, he couldn't believe the score he just worked out.

He knew he was in an unusually good state during the exams, and that he had fully prepared for the difficulty of the questions. Even so, this result far surpa.s.sed his original prediction.