Chapter 31.2

Fang Wenhao, who appeared on campus the next day alive and kicking, seemed to have no memory of what he had done after getting drunk. He specially found Lin Jingzhe to reassure him, "Don't worry, I've already made that damn bastard, Hu Shaofeng, take the car to be repaired and pay for it!"

Lin Jingzhe saw his gleeful expression, completely devoid of any feelings of gratitude, and ultimately decided not to tell him that he had puked all over Hu Shaofeng last night.

But though Hu Shaofeng forgot everything else, he hadn't forgotten that Lin Jingzhe opened up a company! After talking about the car, the young man shifted the topic and began to dissuade Lin Jingzhe from rushing into participating in the bidding.

Lin Jingzhe promised that no, he wouldn't be impulsive, and began to worry. Seeing Fang Wenhao like this, it was obviously impossible to work with him. Moreover, the shareholders in Fang Wenhao's company each had their own ideas and were constantly in dispute, making it a poor target for potential cooperation. Now that his company was open, Lin Jingzhe only lacked a business partner.

The name of his company, New Beginnings, came from the metaphorical meaning of Lin Jingzhe's name—the beginning of spring when everything wakes up and comes to life. He intended to make this company his starting point; it wasn't the same as the "throwaway" one he made in Shen City.

He was different from others since the city's future urban development was no secret to him, but Fang Wenhao's warning was not unreasonable. It wasn't easy to gain a foothold in the real estate industry, especially the real estate industry in Yan City. Without even mentioning the powerful backgrounds of competitors who dared to jump in the muddy waters of the early days of the commodity housing development—even trying to bid for commercial land could potentially be enough for Lin Jingzhe to choke on.

No matter the era, it was always hardest to earn the first barrel of gold. No contacts, no connections, meager funds—Lin Jingzhe had almost nothing except his knowledge of China's future socio-economic development. Although he still had about three million yuan tied up in the Shen City stock market, this amount was far from enough to buy land.

Though land today was not going for the billions of yuan it would twenty years in the future, the average price was still higher than Lin Jingzhe's current assets. During the last quarterly land auction, Fang Wenhao had aimed for but failed to win a piece of land that many people thought was promising; its final bid price was as high as 32 million yuan.

Now that the commercial housing industry officially entered the market, the price of land had skyrocketed. The cheapest piece of land offered at the auction Lin Jingzhe was planning to attend, was at a poor location with few people expressing interest in it, but industry insiders still estimated that it was worth at least 7 million.

Three million yuan seemed like a lot of money, but in fact, it was just crumbs.

Aside from this matter, he was also bothered by Xiao Chi's string of prayer beads. He had originally wanted to get rid of it, but because of his inexplicable rebirth, he didn't dare to make light of things related to faith and the supernatural, so he could only carry it with him. This rosary, austere and dignified, seemed to have seen quite a few years—the scripture engravings on each of the 108 beads were almost polished smooth from being repeatedly turned over in fingers. It looked very valuable. Lin Jingzhe still couldn't understand how it ended up with him. Of course, he planned to return the rosary to its rightful owner, but at the same time he really didn't want to meet Xiao Chi.

Is he worried about this matter, his hand touched his pocket. After a few days, he unconsciously began to form a habit of putting his hand in his pocket and running his fingers over the beads.