Chapter 15

Except for a few subjects, Lin Jingzhe got almost full marks on the second mock exam. He did especially well on science subjects, such as mathematics and chemistry. As mock exams were the schools' internal exams, they were graded by the teachers. When Hu Yu first checked his math test, she thought the student who wrote it was brilliant. The handwriting, however, was unfamiliar, and she couldn't guess who it was. She thought it was one of the students in Clsss 1, but who knew—it turned out to be Lin Jingzhe!

Liyun No. 1 High School was the best school in Liyun Town. Since Lin Jingzhe ranked first in school, it meant he basically ranked first in the whole municipality. Hu Yu almost jumped up the moment she saw the results! This was the first time something like this happened in her teaching career!

The school leaders and the other teachers were even more shocked. It was rare for students not from Class 1 to rank higher than fifty. If a student from a regular class was lucky enough to squeeze in the top 20, their class teacher would be proud of it for years. And now, a student from Class 5 ranked first?!

However, after they thought about it carefully, it wasn't all that strange.

After all, Lin Jingzhe had originally been a Class 1's student! His results weren't bad either—it was only because he didn't do well on the first mock exam that Li Yurong transferred him out. She then suffered several losses because of him, and even now, when somebody mentioned his name, she gnashed her teeth. Usually, she'd rather go to the toilets on another floor than visit the ones next to Class 5's classroom.

Since she came to this school, it was always her bullying people relying on her backing—no one dared to oppose her in such a way! The rest of the teachers pretended to be ignorant of the whole matter but actually, laughed at her in secret. When they heard Lin Jingzhe's total score and found it was almost a hundred points higher than the second place, they exclaimed in surprise. Then, they surreptitiously looked over to check Li Yurong's reaction.

Li Yurong stared at Lin Jingzhe's English test, not believing her eyes.

She was an English teacher. In the early nineties, English teachers were rare and as such valued but in fact, the professional skills of the vast majority of them weren't up to par. Li Yurong's English was more or less on the level of being able to converse with a foreigner, and her vocabulary wasn't too rich. That's why, when she first read the exam paper, she was full of appreciation and admiration. The free-response section amazed her; she even copied down the essay and outlined some of the more sophisticated words and sentences—when she discussed the second mock exam questions with her class, she planned to use it as an example.

She naturally took for granted that the examinees was a student in her Class 1.

Only after grading the paper could she check the student's name. The moment she saw it, she felt as if her eyes were stabbed with needles.

Lin Jingzhe?! Lin Jingzhe?!

How was this possible? Before she kicked him out of Class 1, he usually ranked second or third; he had good grades in mathematics, physics, and chemistry, but was much weaker in humanities, especially English. Due to that, there was always a big gap in results between him and the student who ranked first. This gap only widened further after his grades declined in his third year. If this trend continued, the results of his college entrance examination could be imagined. It was precisely because of this that she needed to get rid of him—she would've done it even if his first mock exam's results weren't so bad.

But now, Lin Jingzhe's performance increased by a giant leap, and he left the student usually in first place a hundred points behind!

She confirmed it over and over again, but still couldn't believe it. Too agitated to pay attention to the covert glances, she rushed to the desk of the teacher grading one of the other subjects and grabbed the exam papers. The more she looked, the heavier she breathed.