It was a small room with cabinets on three walls. There, carefully arranged and labeled, was his Grandpa's treasured collection. Unfortunately, it was wasted on Lin Jingzhe, who knew nothing about antiques and lacked interest in them. He only knew that every piece in this warehouse was extremely valuable and closely related to the fate of people he loathed.

Lin Jingzhe narrowed his beautiful, double-lidded eyes. He turned around, his traditional clothes swishing, and said, "Thank you, you can go now."

From today, Lin Jingzhe was the only owner of both the warehouse and the house. The hired workers were tidying up the room downstairs serving as the mourning hall. The funeral already ended but, curiously, Jiang Xiaoyun and Jiang Zhi had yet to leave.

They sat in the living room near the landline telephone, nervously looking toward the antiques' warehouse.

When they saw Lin Jingzhe appear, their eyes lit up. Jiang Xiaoyun, holding the receiver, vigorously waved her free hand at him. "Come here, Jingzhe, guess who's calling?"

Lin Jingzhe did not move. He raised his head and looked down at her expressionlessly.

His stare made Jiang Xiaoyun's scalp tingle, and she thought he really was a scourge. She managed to maintain an expression of pleasant surprise though, and said, "It's your mother!"

Lin Jingzhe slowly walked toward her.

Jiang Xiaoyun cursed him silently, but a feeling of triumph appeared in her heart. She watched the little b.a.s.t.a.r.d grow up, after all—how could she not know what would bring him to heel? He might look indifferent on the surface, but motherless children always secretly longed for their mothers.

For Jiang Qiaqia, this newly reestablished relationship with her siblings was a G.o.dsend. After all, getting a connection with someone from the Provincial Bureau of Land and Resources wasn't easy—but just a bit of sand that spilled from their fingers was like flakes of gold for real estate companies, enough to tide them over for more than a year. Qiqing Real Estate was established not long ago and was in dire need of support to develop. If she could get help in this critical period, then surely...

More importantly, once she demonstrated she had such vital connections, her position both in the family and company was bound to rise.

This cooperation was incredibly tempting, though it had its advantages and disadvantages for both sides. However, the next round of land division in Qunnan City would start soon, and there wasn't much time to convince Lin Jingzhe to hand over the bronzeware. The three siblings decided that Jiang Qiaqia and Jiang Xiaoyun would combine forces to keep Lin Jinzhe in control so he wouldn't make a fuss, and Jiang Zhi would wait for the opportunity to directly take the antiques away.

As long as Lin Jingzhe didn't pursue the matter, there was no danger. While they weren't underestimating their opponent, what ability could an eighteen-year-old boy, born and bred in a rural town, have? He probably didn't even know how much that pile of antiques was worth. After they had them, even if he was unhappy, pa.s.sing him some benefits would calm him down.

Jiang Xiaoyun watched Lin Jingzhe, already imagining the great future after their plans' success.

The teenager stopped in front of her and reached out his hand for the receiver.

His aunt eagerly handed it over.

Lin Jingzhe glanced at her, took the receiver, and slowly raised it. Then, under her impatient gaze, he—

Slammed it down.

He didn't answer the phone but hung up.

"Ah—"