CHAPTER 12:

🥀 Mary 🥀
After trying every dress in Dianna's wardrobe, she finally settled to an orange shirt striped with dark green and brown and bishop sleeves, gray pants and a black boot, it was aesthetic.
Mary was so satisfied and they decided that she should call him.

-"Hello, is this Harry?" Asked Dianna perched on the side of the bed.
-"Yeah, I guess I did." Mary tried to inch her ear near the phone to hear him but Dianna waved her off like a fly.

-"I'm cool, thank you...Yeah that's nice but I'm not that comfortable yet...Okay that works so at 2 pm tomorrow...Um okay bye." She hang up.
-"So tomorrow and what he will pick you up or what ? Does he has a car ?" Asked Mary.
-"Yeah, he can drive his father's car but I refused, what if he kidnaps me ?"
-"So you're going by bus ?" Laughed Mary.
-"Yes, he said it's even better, we can watch the city through the windows. Heh finally now I have to finish my assignments so I can hang out with him tomorrow."
-"Right, anyway call if anything feels wrong or if you want to go home, I have things to tell you but you better go do your homework." Mary said picking up some garments from the floor.
-"Wait, you know I hate that, tell me." Whined Dianna.

-"It's actually nothing but we'll meet again to talk about this when you don't have things to do and a date," she emphasized on the word leaving her friend's room.

•••
After leaving Dianna's house in the afternoon, she headed to the library.

Walking down the street, Mary was lost in her imagination again, in her head she was a badass warrior training with the strongest of her peers, sword in her hand she engaged in a combat versus her master, swinging the blade against the old but powerful trainer, the blades met and she felt the vibration of the clash through her limbs.

Her fantasy faded as the library appeared in the corner, a green sign in the form of roots, red roses and brown thorns in neon above the shop read: HAVEN OF DREAMERS, yes that was the library's name.
The chimes placed on the door rang as she opened it; Mary faced Mrs.Chapman who looked like she was waiting for Mary; Louise wore a I-know-what-you-did smile on her face as she glanced to the cushions at the left side of the library where adults usually sat.

She followed her gaze to land on Edward standing abruptly when he felt their eyes on him, she turned to Louise who looked between them in a way that made Mary want to hide under the desk.
He smiled genuinely and walked to her wearing a black raincoat opened to reveal a pale green sweater, black pants and gray boots.

-"Hey, I—you said we'll meet in the library to recommend me some fantasy books." He said glancing nervously to Louise who was watching them with an amused look on her face, glasses perched on her nose.
-"Yeah sure I remember that, um follow me,"
After visiting Dianna and helping her choose what to wear on her date, she all but forgot about encountering Edward going back home and his request to name him another books.

They climbed the stairs stepping in the long hallway that was carpeted in crimson. The hallway looked over the lower floor and led into rows of books, above the entrance of each passage a label wrote in gold against black read the genre of books in this section.
It was a mesmerizing view, one that tourists occasionally would visit the library.
-"This library's very pretty, sometimes when I keep staring, I think it was inspired from the books here,"
That's what I said when I first set foot in here.
-"Yes, I believe that to." She claimed.
Mary turned right for the fiction section, Edward trailing behind her, she could feel his eyes on her.
-"So you've been waiting for me ?" She asked just to break the awkwardness between them.
-"Yeah, I was here for more than two hours, I started reading a book and decided to wait for you downstairs." He said.
-"You've waited for me for two hours ?" She turned to face him, lifting her eyebrows.
-"Yeah," Edward shrugged.
Mary looked at the floor and walked to the table holding best of 2019.

Should I apologize for letting him wait ? Or it's not necessary since I didn't set a time for him ? I said until we meet in the library ? So it's not an appointment, right ?

-"Sorry for keeping you waiting," she blurted before changing her mind.
-"No, it's okay really." He replied.
She turned her face to see his reaction, but he just looked at her, face unreadable.

-"Okay, here we go."-she declared stepping in front of the bookshelf-"
There's medieval, urban, futuristic, dark fantasy and a lot more. I would personally try medieval because the universes where the stories are set are marvelous, I always wanted to visit their worlds."

-"Whatever you think sounds good for me, is dark fantasy grim and bloody ?" He asked picking a book called Nevernight.

-"That's what they told me, I've never tried it to be honest, that book is on my reading list." Mary said nodding to the book he set on the shelf.

-"This one ? Hmm I think I'll start with medieval fantasy first, what do you suggest ?" He said putting his hands in his black pants' pockets.

-"Throne of Glass is my favorite serie," she said smiling unintentionally picking the first book. The Assassin's Blade
She held it out for Edward who looked at her and smiled, he flipped the book to its back reading the blurb.

-"Okay, so what does this talk about ?" He asked drumming his fingers on the hardcover book.
-"I'm not going to tell you because you'll think it's boring like I did when a friend told me about it," she said crossing her arms over her chest.

He chuckled softly, well not softly, his voice was deep, his eyes lit, they looked more blue especially because of the green sweatshirt.

-"I don't like the idea of judging a book just from its beginning but I can't help myself either, I get bored quickly."
-"Sometimes you just have to wait to get to the best part,"
-"Yeah, you're right," he sighed tucking the book under his arms.

-"So about the English Writing class project, who are you pairing with ?" He asked as they walked through another row of fiction, they were alone in this level.
-"Oh yes, I totally forgot about that, I don't know, I didn't even think about that," she said scowling thinking of a good classmate to work with her, but she nearly never spoke to them.

-"Right, I'm—I still don't know a lot of people at school, let alone the class so I can't seem to find a good match." He said as they stopped again for Mary to check the titles again.
She picked another set of books, THE GRISHA VERSE, and handed him Shadow And Bone.

-"It's about writing a fiction story, right ? It's easy enough for me but I don't want whoever's going to be my partner to take the advantage of me and do nothing ." She glanced at Edward as he took the book from her.

-"Um, Do you want us to work together ? Even if I read classics, I have good vocabulary." He asked fiddling with the two books in his hands.

Mary raised her eyebrows looking him and considering his offer.
He's right even if he only reads Classics, that doesn't eliminate the fact that his writing style will be good, combined with mine, we can get the best mark.

-"Yeah sure, why not ?" She shrugged, Edward looked like he just released a breath he was holding, his smile widened revealing really tiny dimples on each side of his face.
-"Thank you, you know for not rejecting me," He blurted.
-"I do know the feeling of being declined, never mind."

                           🥀
2019/12/31
Tell me guys about what you think about this chapter. I love to hear your opinions and critics ! ♥️