CHAPTER 03 :

🥀 Mary 🥀
The weekend like any weekend was sleeping, eating, reading and going for a run, it may seem weird for a nerd girl to go jogging in the morning because people thought a bookworm would never leave the house and most of them were kind of overweight but Mary loved it as much as she loved reading.

She can get rid of the stress, especially the one she's having right now when she thinks of school, and the weekend seemed to be racing with her as fast as it can, and suddenly it was Monday morning, so she had to call Dianna to go together.

Mary wore a simple pale pink sweater with stars and moons printed on it, white pants and pink sneakers though it was September and it was warm, she couldn't find better than this especially because of the fear of the sun burning her light skin, I look like a freshman girl getting too excited about getting back to school, she thought while looking at the mirror, she hardly looked like a senior year student with the short height.

Mary braided the front strands of her hair into two simple braids and then tied them at the back of her head, she didn't need to to straighten it or do anything since it had natural light brown waves, she was pretty if she just took off her round glasses, her honey eyes would stand out.

The front door rang, she sighed through her nose and strode down. Dianna looked beautiful wearing the beige knee high dress, she was found of dresses and wore them the whole summer. Her besfriend made a bun atop her head which made her high cheek bones appear sharper, she had transparent gloss on her lips.

-"Morning geek, you look nice"-she said eyeing her outfit-"ready for our first last day of high school ?" Said Dianna bouncing on her feet.

-"Maybe if you stop beaming like a dumb kid. Can you please switch back to the cocky Dianna ? Though I don't like that side too but at least she won't embarrass me, because you're freaking jumping in front of the neighbors." Scowled Mary shielding her eyes from the sun.

-"Stop being too grumpy for once and let's go, I don't like being late." said Dianna tagging her friend along, they were the complete opposite of each other when it comes to arriving in time, while Mary was often late, her bestfriend was always early.

People were already out going to their job or whatever, it was a fifteen minutes walk when the school appeared.

It wasn't the kind of view you miss after not seeing it for months, because it always reminded Mary of boring teachers, homeworks, projects, having to wake up early for 5 days a week and so on.

Everybody were either talking or hugging each other, Dianna and Mary got to the hallway and were met with swarms of students.
That was the thing when you're an old high school student, you don't get lost in the first day looking for your class, you know how to get everywhere, you know everybody, you feel like you own the school.

While Dianna stopped to greet some girls, Mary only nodded in acknowledgment passing the one she knew and knew her, most of them only by name.

She got her schedule a week before school as usual, so she knew she had English Writing now.

                            🥀
Vote if you hate school.