CHAPTER 09 :

🥀 Mary 🥀
She went home and collapsed on the bed, she was extremely tired and she had few homeworks and a math test tomorrow. Her mom stormed in the room without saying any word.

-"You see what happens when you stay up all night reading those books ? What did I tell you to do this year ? You should stop reading because it's not helping you get in college and you're not getting enough sleep. So instead of reading you should sleep and relax your mind."

Her face was on the pillow; she didn't want to reply since she'd had this conversation over ten times but this is what happens when you have strict parents.

Everytime I ask something they start screaming, everytime I try to make a conversation with them I get a damn lecture instead and then they ask why I don't sit with them when everytime I do I get insulted.

-"You know that I can't mom, it's my way of relaxing my mind." she said her voice muffled a little bit in the pillow.

-" There's no such thing as relaxing if your eyes still work and if you keep it up like that your glasses will be so thick by your twenties and I'm tired of taking you for checkup at the clinic, that's why I need you to promise me not to read any book until the end of the year." Demanded her mom.

Mary laughed mockingly.
Tired of taking me to the checkup? I literally visit the doctor once a year and not reading any book for like 8 months, is she kidding me ? Parents are so dramatic.

-"What did you say?" Her mom angled her head looking down at Mary when she looked at her from the pillow.

-" Mom, honestly are you kidding me ?" She said laughing in disbelief again.

-"I'm serious and you're going to promise me now." Insisted her mother.

-"No I'm not." Mary said firmly, she had never used this tone with her mother.

-"You what ?" Said her mother raising her left eyebrow.

-"No I'm not gonna promise you and I'm not gonna stop something I've been doing all of my life. It's my problem if I don't get to go to a good college and it's my problem if I don't study, so can you just one time in my whole life leave me alone? I've had enough of being told what to do and not, sometimes you're right sometimes you're exaggerating like do you really have to critic me about everything I do ? Can't you just stop telling me that I'm not worth everything and that I'm lazy, stupid and irresponsible and everything you called me ? Can't you just say something nice ? Because everytime I build my self confidence you come and destroy it, it's just too much and I'm tired of fixing everything you think it's wrong about me." Mary said tears in her eyes, she quickly recovered and turned her face before her mom saw them.

She didn't want to hear her answer or her words because she knew it would only worsen her mood.

-"You're young and you know nothing about tough life" Said her mother  storming out of her room.

•••

Mary stayed in her bed for the next hour just trying to clear her mind, she had things to do this night.
She got up, didn't bother with the second homework, studied a little bit for the test and didn't leave the room until her sister came, they shared the room.

-" What happend ?" She asked as soon as she saw the angry eyes of Mary.
-" Nothing, it's just mom."
-"Okay." her sister knows everything about the relationship of Mary and her mom so she didn't ask further questions.

        🥀