CHAPTER 10:

🥀 Edward 🥀
The next day in school was boring as usual, Edward spent the evening reading that Harry Potter book and there was a huge difference between it and the movie.
It's like people watched only the upper tip of an iceberg and the enormous rest under the water was the book and he had ten more chapters to finish so the total would be seven hours he wondered how many hours she took.

Mary that was her name. He couldn't help it when he heard the creaking of the wood while she jumped to grab the book, she looked so short so he held it out for her; Mary was so surprised and embarrassed, he thought she'd scream but she only looked at him red faced, and her answers were so quick and tight.

He was recalling all of this while his supposedly friends were eating at the lunch and shouting at each other. He missed his bestfriend Billy; Edward wished he was here instead of these douchebags.

-"Hey man what are you thinking about ?" Justin was snapping his fingers in front of his face, he was so lost he didn't notice that they were addressing him.

-"Uh nothing, what's up ?" He said looking at them.

-"We're having a party tonight at Kevin's house, do you want to come ?" Said one of them.

-"Yeah, there would be some beer and we invited some hot chicks." said Kevin laughing outloud and punching Justin, the others laughed and Edward had to force a smile.

He was so disgusted and he had to lie,
-"That would be cool dude, but I already have plans with my brothers today, sorry next time."

-"Oh man, you'll miss all the fun-" Kevin trailed off when he saw Meghan walking to her lunch swishing her hips.

-" Hooot, I didn't get the chance to pin her to bed yet, maybe tonight's party." Kevin said jabbing his friend in the ribs.
They were all watching the bitch's ass that they didn't notice her when she came in.

She was wearing an aubergine sweater tucked into a velvet loose fitting gray pants and dark blue sneakers that had that Van Gogh starry night painted on them.

she scanned the lunch hall quickly and when her eyes fell on him they lingered for seconds and passed, she moved to the farthest end where she sat alone facing him. His friends got up.

-"We're gonna sit with Meghan, you can apologize to her if you want and join us." said Justin before he left.

Edward snickered shaking his head, him apologizing to that girl, he looked back at Mary and he thought about going to sit with her when two girls went to her, there was the fair haired girl who kinda looked like Mary and the shy one with dark hair, her name was maybe Judy.
She smiled gently at them and started talking.

                           •••

He finished his lunch and went to class.
The day was boring like usual and he was already tired while walking home, his backpack over a shoulder, he crossed the street when suddenly crashed into someone, into her.

-"I'm sorry I-" he looked up and saw Mary face flushed holding a Starbucks cup.

-"You almost made me spill all of my cup," she said by way of greeting, some hot chocolate smeared on the sidewalk.

-"Uh Hi, I'm sorry, I can buy you a new one," he said checking his pocket for money.

-"It's okay, thank you." she said and started walking again.

-"Hey wait, I finished the book in seven hours." he said walking next to her.

-"Nice, I finished it in five" she said looking straight ahead.

He tried to start a new conversation which would last longer especially with her tight replies.

-"That's impressive, anyways I like it better than the movies, a lot of details were missing and the story was well understood now, do you know another serie ?" He asked knowing damn well that she knows another but it was just to get her talking.

-"Of course I do, but aren't you going to finish the serie first ?" She said blinking at him.

-"Even though there's a lot of missing details, I already know what's going to happen, I want something new, new plot new characters." he said looking right back at her, she had a shadow of a smile on her lips but she hid it so well.

-"Okay, I'll give you another one next time I find you in the library, do you mind if the main character is a girl ?" She said looking ahead.

-"No, I've never read a book where the protagonist is a girl so it's fine I'll give it a try, why are you asking ?" He said never taking his eyes off her, she shrugged and said.

-"I don't know, almost all boys don't like reading fiction because the main character is female that's why I asked first." she said taking a sip from the cup.

-"That's absurd." He said scowling and thinking about it.

-"Yeah, right anyway see you in the library." She said waving her hand and taking a turn to another street.

-"Wait, you can just give me the title at-" he didn't finish his sentence while Mary strode quickly. At school, that's what he was going to say, he watched her and her shoulder length hair swaying with the breeze.

🥀

Vote and Edward will get you a Starbucks cup.