Chapter 45: Snuggly Flames

His soft, steady breathing soothed the Queen of Arendelle's ears as they slept quite soundly in a windy afternoon. The royal gardens' oldest tree had gave them the best shade, while the King of Arendelle's arms has given them the nicest, warmest pillows even though they were both muscled.

Aiden's eyes blinked awake, his now life filled emerald green eyes drifting down to the snoozing ice queen in his arms. Her chest fell and rose, her heartbeat in sync with his.

Her platinum hair is done in a French chignon, matched with the coronation dress she casually worn.

He pressed a lingering kiss against her forehead. Elsa's lips curled into a smile, but her eyes remained closed. They both love their moments like this, and the fire king knew this woman had missed him so much, having heard of her sleepless and bawling days from Anna.

He winced a bit as he touched the gauze that patched up his deep wound which is covered by his white shirt.

"Aiden?"

Aiden looked down at his wife gently, "Hello." He grinned.

Elsa smiled and carefully stood up from his arms, sitting and brushing their noses together childishly. Aiden laughed, pulling her closer. She was so cute, waking up with that little smile of hers and that adorable giggle.

"Missed me?" He questioned, but he knew the answer quite thoroughly.

"So much," she kissed his cheek, "You wouldn't know."

Aiden nodded understandingly, as his smile faded. Sensing his sudden change of mood, she held his hand assuringly. He took a deep breath, cupping her face with an apologetic smile, "I'm sorry."

Elsa frowned, "For what?"

"... For hurting you." He sighed, tears stinging his eyes. He looked down as if he wanted to make sure his actions are invisible to her, and the last thing he wanted to happen was to look weak in front of his beloved.

Elsa smiled, lifting his chin so he could face her. Aiden avoided her eyes, but he couldn't leave those gorgeous blue orbs longing for his own green ones.

"Hey," she says softly, "It's alright. You made up for it, anyways. You fought death itself so you can see me again."

"I don't want to see you cry," Aiden exclaimed, "That's why. I hate it when you cry, especially if I'm the reason you did. I'm not worth your tears, love.."

"Lover, are you insane? You're worth every tear that I shed." She shook her head slyly, "But can't we just forget about it? You're okay now. And that's all it matters, please."

"Do you know how much I love you?" Aiden groaned good naturedly, before smashing his lips against hers. Elsa chuckled, ruffling his hair lightly. He pulled away, flustered. Elsa kissed The corner of his lips in return, her I love you too muffled by his skin.

The wind passes by as they remained in each other's embrace, causing Aiden to have goosebumps because of the sudden cold contact.

"My hands are cold." He pouted like a little boy. Elsa giggled, then wrapped his around hers tightly, asking, "There. Better?"

He gave her a pair of puppy dog eyes, "My lips are cold, too."

Sly dog.
______________________________________
"You guys never had a proper honeymoon."

"But Anna, there's like five, fat stacks of-"

"Hush, dear sister of mine! Fret not, I will arrange everything for you and Aiden."

"Wait, wha-"

"Kai! Come'ere, I have something for you to do. It's really, really important."

The diligent head butler entered the room upon the strawberry blonde's insisting call. "What is it, your highness?"

"I know I've been making you do this for many weeks already, but please, oh dear Kai, this is the last one!" Anna pleaded.

Kai gave a heavy sigh, knowing what the princess meant. He nodded in defeat, "Of course, princess. But I hope for the following week, the king and queen will finally do their duties. It isn't healthy for them to skip them for so long."

Anna grinned, hugging the amused butler, "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! I promise it's final, and Elsa, no buts! You guys deserve this, okay? If I see a head of platinum blond hair or even a strand of black I will hunt you both down!"

Aiden gulped while his wife huffed. And I thought I was the Queen here.. Thought the fifth spirit. Kristoff gently patted Aiden's back, "It'll be a nice rest for you guys ever since wild stuff went on. Don't worry, me and Anna will make sure everything in here is running smoothly."

Elsa smiled slyly, "Well, thank you, Kristoff. But we still don't know where to spend it, we're not really the relaxing type couple." She sheepishly added.

Anna's eyes lit up, "What about your ice castle?"

Elsa smiled, "As much as I would love to go there, it isn't really a convenient place for me and Aiden."

Kristoff tapped his chin in wonder, earning a giggle from his wife. He looked adorable in concentration. He then turned to his wife with a wide smile, whispering something to her ear. Anna gasped and nodded excitedly, then whispered something in response. Kristoff gave her a thumbs up and departed from the three, on his way to his sled to fetch some assistance and materials.

Elsa and Aiden exchanged looks, then turned to Anna, "What exactly do you both have in mind?" The fire king questioned in confusion, completely left out.

Anna grinned widely, clapping her hands together. She could just picture everything already; and it was absolute perfection. Elsa isn't really the type of woman to go out of town, since she loved cozy places like the castle, while Aiden is a fan of outdoors, he likes places with the open air, and trees and other presence of flora and fauna.

The place she and Kristoff figured out  is a collision of both their tastes in places, and it wouldn't be a doubt that Elsa and Aiden would love it. She would call it a place where the two can get as cuddly as they wish, where they can whip up the fresh air during both night and day.

The woods or the Enchanted Forest are not really dangerous places anymore since the five elemental spirits are practically everywhere, especially Gale, Nokk and Bruni. The Earth Giants are rarely present since they are only awake by the side of the valley if they are urgently needed. Then, there's Elsa.

Anna cannot even think of a single soul who would attack a flame summoning king and an ice and snow wielding queen that also happens to have tamed four elemental spirits and had saved Arendelle from being washed away by a humongous wave of water.

Not people to mess with, indeed.

"Oh, dear brother in law, get ready for the greatest week of your kingly life."