Chapter 10

Here's another chapter, I think this story is coming along nicely. Do you? Anyway enjoy

The next day...

Davina's pov

I arrive at the hardware store with Nora. My plug extension broke so I have to get a new one since Nora likes to hog it. She plugs too much in, I'm amazed she hasn't sparked a fire yet but I always get the safe extensions.

I'm also needing to get paint as Nora's boyfriend Dean somehow got coffee on the wall so now I need paint to cover the stains since it refuses to come off.

Once I've parked my car, we head into the store and grab a trolley and begin pushing it around the store in search of the items we need. "Should we get two plug extensions?" Nora asks "yeah, why not? But it's only to be used as a spare and if the new one brakes" I respond giving her a look causing her to put her hands up defense "alright, geez" she says making me roll my eyes as I walk ahead.

We come to the plug socket aisle and soon find the plug extension we're looking for. I grab two and place them in the trolley. "Okay now for the paint" I say as we leave the aisle and head off towards the paint aisle. 

"Ohh you know what I wanna do that we haven't done in years?" Nora asks "no. What is it you want to do that we supposedly haven't done in years?" I ask as we reach the paint aisle and begin to walk up it. "I want to ride in the trolley" she says as I turn round to grsb a can of white paint. I turn round only to find Nora sat in the trolley. 

"Nora what are you doing?" I ask walking over and putting the can of paint in the trolley. "I'm sitting in the trolley what else does it look like I'm doing?" she retorts as if it's so obvious. "No but why are you sitting in the trolley?" I ask placing my hands on my hips like I'm speaking to a child. "Because I want to ride in it now push me Davina. I wanna go rolling" she replies saying the last bit in a sing song tone "okay, sure" I respond getting behind the trolley and beginning to push it. 

"Oh come on, push me faster grandma" she says making me scowl and I push the trolley forward a few inches. "Yay! Now do it again" she says "you're such a child" I respond as I walk forward and push her again "I know" she replies placing a hand to her chest in a mocking honored tone making me giggle. "Now run and push me" she says "no, I can't do that. We'll get kicked out" I respond beginning to push the trolley normally. 

"Oh come on, live a little. Be wild" she encourages "alright, fine" I say before gently beginning to run down the aisle pushing the trolley forward. Nora flings her arms up in the air "woo hoo!" she yells her hair whips back as she shakes her head making me laugh. I feel excitement and a rush of adrenaline run through my body so I place one foot on the back bar of the trolley as I push against the floor with my other foot so I'm sort of like skating down the aisle with the trolley.

I suddenly stop as I hear someone approach and I try to act normal while Nora remains in the trolley. "Why'd you stop?" she asks "I heard someone coming. We should stop before we get thrown out. Security are probably already on their way" I respond earning a scoff from Nora. "Are you kidding? The security here is a fucking joke and they don't have updated CCTV. Why do you think I'm doing this?" she questions "because you're insane" I joke making her giggle "well yes but that's not the point. I'm doing this because not only is it super fun but it's one of the only places where we can do this" she responds "we use to do this all the time as kids? Remember our dads would push us through the aisles and our mom's would just watch and laugh" she reminses causing a smile to appear on my face. "Of course I remember. We tried doing it to Bobby once and he just cried" I respond "well my brothers a wuss so no surprise there" she replies in a joking manner making me giggle. "Now, come on. Let's get this gal moving" she says gesturing to the trolley. I shake my head as I move to the back and slowly start pushing the trolley.