chapter 9

Edited.

FREDERICK

I knock softly on Father's door, waiting for response when Stephanie, pop by my side.

"Hey." she said.

"I thought you were with Christoph." I said.

"Yeah, but he didn't seem comfortable, he kept a straight face, spoke in monotone, like he wanted me out, is he always like that?"

"I dunno know, I left when he was still a baby." I shrugged, making a mental note to know his habits.

"Who is it?" I heard father say from behind the door, his voice really miss me.

I push the door open, revealing father who was staring down at a document.

"Leave my office Christopher," he said.

I chuckled, "I'm not Christopher."

His head snapped up, his eyes was full with sparkle like a young child who just saw Santa.

He slowly stood up taking few steps toward me, he stopped to stare at me next thing I was in a bone crushing hug with my father.

I wrapped my hands around him, "I miss you father." I whisper, I feel him nod in my shoulder.

We stayed that way for some time before he broke the hug, "I told you to call me once your plane has landed." He said

"Yeah, but I wanted to surprise the best father on earth."

He smiled when his gaze dropped on Stephanie.

"To who do I owe this honour?" He kiss the back of Stephanie's hand.

"This is Stephanie my fiancée." I grinned.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Stephanie." He smiled releasing her hand.

"The pleasure is mine Mr Jackson, Fred told me a lot about you," she said smiling, he returns the gesture. But something was not right with father he had piles of documents and a half through bottle of red wine on his coffee table, father was not much off a wine drinker, so what is wrong?

"Stephanie I'll like to speak with Father in private," I said to my fiancée, she nodded before exiting the room, that's one thing I like in her she is not an arguer.

Once she was gone I turn to face father. "Father are you alright?"

He walk to the coffee table pouring two cups of wine. He walks back to me with the cups, I gladly grabbed one.

"I love you all, but at times I wish I had daughters instead." He sigh walking to the balcony. I follow him to the balcony, it is a great view here.

"They all disappoint me, including Benjamin! I wasn't expecting that from him, he had always made me proud, but recently their bad behaviors are affecting him, he has totally changed from my soft and innocent son to some spoil teenager!" He sounds frustrated.

"Father you know children becomes rebellious when they become teenagers I think that's what is wrong with them," I said.

"Teenage age or not I'm not having that! If they don't want to listen I'll take a drastic action, even if I have to use the scourge." He said in a deadly calm tone.

"Yeah, they need to learn from their mistakes, is for their greater good."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack

Today is Fred's birthday, everything is going well, we played our instruments to the crowd as usual, except for our pending doom, grandfather is the worse ever! I've seen him like many times and those times were they worst ever! He is exactly like father but ten times worse! He beats the hell out of you then ask you to sit on a wooden chair and write a fucking summary on what you did wrong! Seriously! That's just dumb! All this because of Christopher! He doesn't seem bothered just quiet.

"Jack?" Zack called.

"Yeah?" I turn around from where I was observing the pretty ladies.

"I'm really nervous," he said seating next to me while reaching for a soft drink.

"Why? we are done with our usual special presentation." I took a sip of my drink.

"Not that! About grandfather." He said.

"Oh! Yeah" my heart skipped for a second.

"This is all his fault! I wish he'll just die! I had planned my break! spend time with my buds and beat my high scores. He just had to ruin it!" Zack said through gritted teeth. "And there he is having fun with Kendrick!"

"Kendrick where?" I turn around to see my golden blond cousin with Chris laughing.

I hate these boys! Kendrick is the son of uncle Rafael, he and Chris are they only blond children in our family, all our four cousins have black or brown hair, he got that from his late mother, I guess that's why they're are so close, first they're both blond, second they both loose their mothers, that's so pathetic!

I'll never let that little shit be happy when he just got us in trouble! He doesn't care because he doesn't know grandfather, we are they main badass, he was just a wimpy nerd, but recently he is growing some wings, becoming a sassy and mouthy brat!

I found myself stomping to where they were seating laughing there heads out!

"Hey! Get up!" I yelled he just frown and ignored me like I was some dog. "I'm talking to you!" I grabbed his arm yanking him up.

"Let go of me!" He roughly pulls his hand away from my grip, adjusting his suit.

"You will come with me I'm your elder brother!"

"Oh please, brother my ass! I don't wanna talk to you, just leave me alone bastard!" He spat, I almost slapped him but someone stopped me.

"Don't! He is with me! I will never let you hit him in my sight!" Kendrick said releasing my wrist.

"You will shut up! This is my brother I do whatever I fucking want with him! You're just a stranger!"

Chris rolled his eyes. "He is a more better brother than you, I wish he was my elder brother not you!" He smirk, I was about to attack him again but Kendrick spoke too fast.

"He is not your slave! If you really want some slave go elsewhere, cause I won't let you take him without passing through me!" He growled.

If it was a normal day, I won't hesitate but right now we're celebrating Fred's birthday I don't want to ruin it for him and I'm already in trouble, no need to add more.

"This is not over Kendrick, and you!" I clenched my fist before matching away. Don't get me wrong I'm not jealous just... angry he is not suppose to be happy when we are not!

Fred was named vice president of JLC, he was smiling so wide while everyone cheered, he had really change not the little protective Freddy I use to know, now he is handsome and more intimidating. Just after he sent us away he called us back to the living room, he said he was gonna beat our asses if we try laying a finger on that little shit! Seriously?! No way I'm not having that, he is like five years older than me, no worries age is just a number, I'll do whatever I want with Chris is non of his fucking business, I'm not scared of him!

Whatever I just wish I could leave this boring banquet for old people, in real parties there is blasting songs and giant speakers with DJ and girls wear tight outfit boy wear what they like, unlike this, every men in suit, women is evening gowns, the songs are slow, and there is no DJ! Just some band of instrument players! Ugh! so boring I swear!

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating earlier, I was sick but now I'm healed thanks to God! It feels so good to be healthy once again! Yeah! See ya later.

Muchas gracias! To you all.

VOTE!