6 THE LITTLE RED BOOK

RIANNA was reading a little red book called How To Lead a Man To Temptation, a humorous, satyrical account of a femme fatale of the twenty-first century

Naintriga siyang bilhin iyon kanina sa bookstore dahil sa catchy title nito. Naisip niya na baka makatulong iyon sa mga plano niya kay Dax. Pero na-shock siya sa laman ng libro. She was a modern woman, but her liberal lifestyle was a novice compared to the author's.

The book said: All men have three greatest fantasy women. 1. Lady Boss. 2. Vamp 3. Innocent virgin.

A Lady Boss was a strong-willed woman, confident, always holding the upper hand, and in-control. A woman who knew what she wanted and how to get it. A woman who could run the ship while the captain was away, so to speak.

A Vamp was uninhibited, bold, would try anything once first before saying no. In short, a very sexually experienced woman.

And lastly, the innocent virgin, a motherly, nurturing, submissive, housewife material who would willingly wait for her husband to come home with a clean house, delicious meal and great, old fashioned sex for dessert, and who would willingly become his broodmare, too.

She could identify with the first two, but number three was simply unthinkable. Though she partly qualified in its criteria, at least, on the virgin part, which had long been overdue for disposal anyway, but that was it. She could never be any man's housewife or a broodmare. Yikes!

She continued reading. Be a Lady Boss, but play it cool. Be a Vamp, but never easy. Be the Innocent Virgin, but never predictable.

The book further said: To attract the most elusive man, you must play his very game. Be elusive yourself. Nothing turns a man off more than a desperate woman. Men are predators by nature. They like to do the chasing. So dangle the bait, but let them do the hunting. Make them wait. Make them pant. Make them hunger. Make them feel frustrated. Then suddenly reverse the situation. Turn around and meet them head on. Let them catch you. Chances are, he'd be all over you like a conquering warrior. All his passion would be centered on you and you alone. The trick is, make him think like he'd won the battle. Make him taste sweet victory. You're his grand prize, and a hard-won victory is always savored and cherished. The end game is, let him win the battle, but you win the war.

She smiled. Why, she was fully qualified to fulfill those fantasies! After all, it was only a game. A game she wanted to win. And time was running out on her.

Natigilan siya sa iniisip. Was she ready to take this game to the highest level? She was dubbed as a playgirl party girl by the media, but in truth, Dax was right on the money. She was the biggest tease this side of the universe. She was a master of wrapping men around her little finger with no more than a smile, a few sweet words and strategically calculated pats on selected parts of a man's anatomy to get his attention. She could actually author a book that would talk about how a woman could enslave a man without having to sleep with him.