⊱⊰ 48: Rampage ⊱⊰

Start from the beginning

"It's not me," said Garoh, gesturing with his hands. "It must be the Master. I'm losing control of them."

"No way," said Arisa, tightening her grip on the wood and spreading orange-red flames on its surface.

Arisa dropped her grip from the wood as it stopped moving. She examined her surroundings with her sword ready to protect her. She saw a battle of resistance between Garoh and the large creature. Garoh seemed as if he was having difficulties to wrap summoned woods and roots around the beast's body. The woods and roots surrounding the animal danced around it as it glared at the jadeite green armored Guardian, growling.

"You should pay attention more to your surroundings," said a soothing voice.

"What?" Arisa gazed at her left.

Her heart leaped, seeing a long shaped and sharp wood approaching her at high speed.

Caught by surprise, Arisa froze. A short second later she felt as if her molecules had mixed with the air around her. One blink and she found herself under a tall curved boulder. Arisa blinked twice, trying to process what had just happened.

"You shouldn't distract yourself in critical moments like these, Aries," said Kazuya, dropping Arisa's hand.

Arisa turned around and saw the tall white armored Kazuya.

"I'll be right back," he said taking a step back. "I'll get the others. We'll need a plan to take down that thing."

As soon as he said that, Kazuya disappeared into thin air. Arisa released a deep breath, not believing that she dropped her guard. She examined her surroundings, noticing that the top part of the large curved boulder looked like an improvised roof. Looking at her front she saw a spacious green land and not far from the horizon she could see several trees.

Hearing faint roars behind her hideout, Arisa walked to the edge of the boulder and peeked at the scene behind it. Not far from there, she saw the beast roar and fight something she couldn't see. She guessed that maybe it was one of her comrades.

"Everything was going so well," said a voice behind her. "I wonder what made it so angry to attack us."

Arisa turned around and saw three colorful armored figures, standing behind her. She quickly walked towards them to join them.

"It's because there are other people besides us in here," said Kazuya.

Everyone focused their gaze at Kazuya, surprised.

"I saw some of Taurus' men when I first teleported away from those woods," said Kazuya. "They're dead, though. Caught by the falling shards."

Nervousness flowed in Arisa's veins. "Taurus is here?"

She curled her fingers, trying to calm herself. She knew that sooner or later he would find them again. But seeing how they were having difficulties in fighting their current opponent, she couldn't imagine how they would fight two powerful opponents at once.

"Then they must be the ones who attempted to take down Arisa with that laser beam," said Garoh, folding his arms. "They must have angered the Master when they targeted it as well."

Arisa remembered the short moment she avoided the laser beam. She clenched her fists. She was so close to summon her crimson flame and receive the gem. She scolded herself for being too calm in that precise moment and forget that Taurus was behind their tail.

Roars broke away Arisa's thoughts. Arisa heard something fall on the boulder's roof. As she examined her surroundings, she noticed that sharp shards and rocks were falling again as the beast's roar cracked the background.