Chapter Four

Star
Today is my and Adam cousin Ashely graduation day and party. We are all so proud of her. It's also the end of our first year of college.
" Hey Star. Thank you for coming." Ashely says.
" Of course I wouldn't want to miss it." I say.
" Hey Adam." Ashley says.
" Hey cuz." He replied as he kissed her cheek.
" Congratulations." He says.
" Thanks." She says. All of a sudden I felt a sharp pain. It's almost felt like a contraction. It's can't be though I'm only seven months. I say down on the couch and started taking deep breaths.
" Star are you ok?" Adam asked.
" I'm fine it just feels like labor pains but it can't be." I say. He looks around for Tristin and finds him across the room with my mom and dad.
" Tristin!!" Adam tells. Tristin turns his head wondering why Adam is yelling for him. Then he sees me in pain.
" Starry!! What's going on babe?" He asked in a panic tone.
" I don't know it feels like labor pains but I can't be." I tell him.
" We need to get her to hospital now." Tristin says. He helps me off the couch and out to our car. My mom and dad not far behind.
" We will meet you guys there!" My dad says. Tristin nods and Adam and Shelly jumps in the backseat. We get to the hospital and Tristin runs to the nurses station.
" My fiancee is seven months pregnant and feels like she in labor she's in a lot of pain." He says. They get me to the back and hook me up to the baby monitor to heart her heartbeat. I see the look on Tristins face he's scared and worried all in one.
" Honey while we are waiting for the doctor to come in will you go make sure mom and dad know what room we are in and I'm ok please?" I asked him.
" Of course baby. I won't be long." He says.

                               Tristin
As we got in the room Star knew what was going through my head and to keep me calm he wanted me to wait for her mom and dad. I go out the waiting room and wait for them. I sit down in the chair and out my head in my hands and kept thinking please let Star and my daughter be ok. Lost in my thoughts and head down I didn't know Daemon and Katy was sitting next to me. I lift my head with tears in my eyes.
" Oh your here." I say wiping my eyes.
" Yea we just got here." Katy says hugging me.
" Come on she's this way. Adam and Shelly are with her so I can wait for you guys." I say.
" Your mom and dad will be here shortly as well." Daemon said.
" Ok thank you" I say. I take them to Star and she's there resting. They walk over to her and kiss her head.
" Has the Dr been in here yet?" I asked.
" Not yet the nurses came in to check on them." Adam says. I sat down next to Stars bed and held her hand.
" Tristin it's going to be ok. You hear that? It's Charlie's heartbeat she's still with us. I'm just probably having preterm contractions it happens all the time. My phone goes off and I check it.
  Mom: we are here sweetheart
   Me:  ok be there in a minute.
"Hey baby I'll be right back my mom an dad  are here." I say. I kiss her lips and took one look at her and left the room. I go meet my mom and dad.
" Oh sweetheart! Everything will be ok." My mom says.
" I know I'm just scared that's all." I say.
" That's understandable Tristin like your mom is right son let's go see Star." My dad says. We walk in the room where star is laying.
" Hey Star how are you sweetie?" My mom asked.
" I'm ok just tired and worn out." Star says in a weak voice. My mom and dad goes to her side and hugs her. Just then the Dr comes in.
" Hi Star and Tristin I have some news for you both." Dr Collins said.
" Is everything ok?" I asked.
" Yes Star and your babygirl is fine. Star is having contractions that we need to stop but we are keeping her a couple of days to make sure they stop and if they do she can go home but yes the baby is ok it's just to early for her to make her presence known." Dr says.
" So what's the plan after that?" I asked.
" Of the contractions come back Star I'm sorry you will have to be put on bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy." Dr says.
" Thank you Dr Collins." Star says. Then he left the room. Knowing my girl I sit next to her and held into her while she cried on my shoulder.  I whisper in her ear.
" It's ok baby I'm here with you we all are." I kiss her head.
" I'm sorry I'm just little relieved to know she's ok " Star says. Daemon walks over to Star. I let her go so he can sit next to her.
" Hey babygirl you have nothing to be sorry about. We are glad that you and Charlie is ok." He says. Everyone hugs Star one at a time then me as they left.
" Hey bro wanna go with back home so you can sit up here with Star that way you have your car?" Adam asked.
" I don't want to leave her alone!" I say.
" Baby I'll be fine go take them home and come back to me on?" Star says in a sleepy voice.
" Ok if you are sure I'll be back in about thirty minutes. I love you so much." I say.
" I love you too!" She says. Then we left so I can drop off Adam and Shelly.
" Tristin she's going to be ok bro. I know your worried and you feel helpless but we are all here ok?" Adam says.
" I know I'm just worried for her and keep her calm." I say. They said their byes and I went back to my girls. I walked into the room and Star was asleep. I sat in the chair next to her with her hand in mine. I'm hearing the heart monitor of our little girl and as long as I hear that I know my girl is ok. All I could think is keeping for both of them to be ok.
" I'm here baby." I say to her. I kissed her hand. Her eyes opened and she smiled at me.
" Hey sorry I was just resting I'm so tired." She says.
" Hey it's ok don't be sorry just get the rest you need. I'm right here with you." I say. She moves over a bit and Pat's the space next to her.
" Baby I don't think both of us can fit on this bed." I say with a smile.
" Come here anyway I'll make room." She says. I laid next to her on the bed and put my arm around her and the other on her belly.
" How is my girl doing?" I asked.
" I'm doing ok just don't want to be stuck here for couple of days." She says.
" Are you in an pian right now?" I asked.
" No not really." She says. I kiss her cheek get some sleep baby I'll be right here when you wake up!" I say. She lays her head on my shoulder.

                                Star
I wake up in the hospital bed and I see Tristin next to me sleeping. My poor guy is trying to be strong for me and take all the worry and stress off of me and puts it on himself. My room door opened and it's my mom and dad.
" Hey babygirl wanted to see how things are going." My dad whispers.
" How long has he been asleep?" My mom asked.
" I'm not sure the nurse tells me it hasn't been long though." I say.
" How is everything?" My mom asked.
" So far so good. I should be able to come home tomorrow as long as I don't have another contraction." I say. Out of nowhere Tristin jerks awake.
" Starlet! No!" He yells. My mom and dad and I look at each other.
" Hey honey it's ok." I say calming him down.
" Sorry Starry I just had a bad dream. I'm good now." He says.
" Bad dream? It was more like a nightmare from the sound of it." My dad says.
" Yea sorry." He says quietly. He gets up off the bed.
" Here I'll move so you guys can sit with her." He says.
" What was you dreaming about?" I asked.
" Oh it's nothing no need to worry." He says.
" Tristin I already know." I say. He takes a deep breath.
" I had a dream that Star died during child birth." He says. My mom gave him a hug.
" That won't happen sweetheart." She says
" I know the feeling. I had the same dream about Kat a few times when we was younger when I didn't know where she was or when I almost lost her few times." My dad says.
" Ahhh!! God that hurts." I yell. I just had another contraction. The nurse comes in and checks all the monitors.
" Is it another contraction?" I asked.
" Yes now they started back up again we need to give you a shot to stop them so not more than likely the Dr will put you on bed rest." The nurse says.
" Will she get to go home tomorrow?" Tristin asked.
" Yes she will. Don't worry her and the baby are just fine she just needs a lot of rest." The nurse says. The Dr comes and basically confirms everything the nurse said. The door opens Shelly and Adam came in.
" Is ok to come in? I have someone who keeps bugging me about seeing her beast friend!" Adam says.
" Shelly!! Your here!" I say.
" Of course I am and I brought you something hoping you can have food." She says.
" Aww you got me a burger and fries!!" I say.
" Good because I know how much you hate cold fries " Shelly says laughing. She gave me a very big hug.
" I miss both of you at home." She added.
" We will be tomorrow the Dr put me on bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy." I say.
" That's good Star but..." She looks at Adam and Tristin " if either one of you even annoy her even just a bit I will ground you both and let you go near her without my permission!" Shelly says. My mom and dad had the look of amusement on their faces.
" I like her!" The nurse says.
" Yea me too!" Adam replied.
" But Shelly she is.." Tristin gets interrupted
" No buts Tristin. She maybe your girl and carrying your baby girl but last thing she needs to be annoyed and stressed and really worry all the time." Shelly says.
" Ok fine I promise I won't hover over you unless you want me too." Tristin says sulkily.
" Good glad we got through that." Shelly says.
" Do you really think Adam and Tristin will listen especially Tristin?" My dad asked.
" Nope! But it will be fun watching him squirm!" I said laughing. Then Charlie kicks the crap out of me.
" Damn! That hurt!" I yelled.
" That was one hurtful kick!" Adam says.
" Charlie I think your going to be a soccer player the way you keep kicking me." I say to my belly.
" Babe do you think it's wise she even plays sports?" Tristin asked.
" Why not? I was on the cheerleading squad and track while Adam .played football in high school. Or did you forget?" I asked.
" Oh yea the cheerleading outfit." Tristin says. His mind just went into the gutter and I heard what he was thinking. My face turned a bright shade of pink.
" I don't think I want to know." My dad says
" No you don't I don't even want to know and I heard it all." Adam says. I wiggle my finger at Tristin for him to come closer. He leans down kisses my lips and smiles.
" When I have this baby I'll remind you what a cheerleader can do." I whisper in his ear. His eyes got wide and a huge grin on his face. After the bantering back and forth with all of us they said their goodbyes and left with just me and Tristin.
" You know babe I am so proud of you and I'm so thankful for you." He says.
" I am thankful for you too. You are the best person that walked into my life and I'm lucky to have a guy like you and Charlie will be lucky to have a father like you also." I say. I kissed his lips again then my eyes got heavy.
" Get some rest so we can go home tomorrow." He says and I do.