33. tiny dancer

Zacznij od początku

"it's very lovely to see you both; we're so happy you're here to spend christmas with us." claire smiled warmly at her daughter and her boyfriend over the table, her observant eyes not missing the way that luke leaned the tiniest bit towards lola when her hand crept up to rest on his arm. the small gesture made her heart swell in happiness for her daughter.

"luke, what do you usually do for christmas?" leo asked, his smile genuine and absolutely oblivious to the question he'd just ask.

luke usually did nothing for christmas. he'd respond to messages from the boys, invites to their places and say thanks, but no thanks. he'd go down to the gym, finding himself to be the only one there, staying until the punching bag had a seemingly permanent dent in it the shape of his fist and then going home and sleeping until the ordeal was over.

he hadn't had a real christmas since his brother.

but, looking at the sincere smiles on the faces of his girlfriend's parents, there was no way luke could say that. the unearthing of his past would undoubtably sour the evening for everyone, and he didn't want to make such a generous invitation from them so awkward.

"oh, i'm not usually the most festive guy, i don't usually do much." he said, not wishing to lie but definitely not wanting to recount the sad stories of his past few christmases.

lola's parents both nodded, their shared, terrifying ability to see right through people letting them know there was much more to luke's answer than what had left his mouth. but they weren't people to pry, and understood that whatever luke wasn't telling them was for him and him alone.

leo was the first to speak.

"no worries; neither am i really. it's her," he patted his wife's hand, which once again had come to rest on his shoulder. "she's the one with the christmas spirit."

claire just laughed, sipping her tea.

"you'll see it soon, don't worry. christmas is inescapable in this house!"

***

about an hour or so later, luke and lola had excused themselves to lola's childhood room to settle down and sleep after a long day of driving.

as she pushed open the door, luke's heart melted at the sight of the room.

soft pink walls. a white dressing table with a music box on it and photo booth photos of her and her friends stuck up around the mirrors. a patchwork floral bedspread; a small white teddy tucked adorably under the covers. fairy lights; of course, and a bookshelf stuffed with various books and photo albums.

it was perfect; the perfect room for his perfect girl, and the moment the door closed behind them his arms were around her waist and his face buried in the crook of her neck, almost lifting lola off the ground.

she let out a giggle, the sweetest noise he'd ever heard, and wrapped her arms around his neck, weaving her fingers through the blonde hair that had now grown enough that it curled at the nape of his neck.

"how are you feeling?" she asked, kissing his cheek as he drew his head back to look at her.

"i think it went well - i hope it went well." luke replied, pressing a soft kiss against lola's forehead.

she nodded in agreement.

in truth, lola couldn't have been happier about her parents first time meeting luke. throughout their conversation they'd both sent her small, knowing smiles and nods multiple times; subtle signifiers that so far, they really liked luke.

and the only thing that could've possibly made her happier than that, was how happy luke seemed.

his initial shyness had completely disappeared; he was laughing at her parents jokes and making them laugh at his, their talk flowed easily and naturally and lola just wanted to cry about how much she loved him in that moment.

"they really like you; i can tell." she affirmed.

"i really like them, they're great to hang out with." before lola could respond, luke bent down and curled an arm under her legs, lifting her off the ground in an effortless swoop and pulling her close to his chest.

in only a few steps, they were over to the bed, and luke lay her down gently on the right side, before coming to join her on the left.

"it was nice hanging out with your parents."

he caught her chin between his pointer finger and thumb, steering her head softly, but firmly, to look him in the eyes.

before lola could speak, luke's tongue was in her mouth, prying her lips open to allow for the quiet gasp that left them at the sudden kiss, kid teeth softly biting down on the plump flesh of her lower lip.

"but i missed being able to kiss you like this."

lola said nothing, only letting out a breathless whine as luke's hands traversed downwards; his large palms covering almost her entire waist.

"how far away is your room from your parent's room pretty girl?" luke whispered, his breath hot and his lips brushing the skin of lola's neck.

"far enough."

i'm so sorry about how long it's been, and also for how much of a filler this chapter is because it's definitely not a strong comeback lol

i don't have much of an excuse for disappearing - a lot happened in my life and i was the busiest and most overwhelmed i've ever been, and i found myself changing a lot and needed to focus on that - there was a lot of healing to be done

however i'm back now - i can't promise all chapter will swiftly be released or that i'll finish every story i've posted, but i will definitely finish this one - i know it was a source of comfort to a lot of you guys, and it was for me too. it was my first story and what got me back into writing and luke and lola are still too important to me to let their story stay unfinished

i know a lot of people will have moved on and the views will understandably go down - people may not be active anymore or may just have forgotten about this story - but it will always be here when you need it, and i will finish it regardless of view numbers

stay safe & love always